P90X

Options
Hey Everyone! This is my first Day on this site. I just happen to run across it while reading some message boards on another web site. I am done with Diets. What I am going for is a life style change. I have been on the P90x exercise program for 3 weeks and I am down a total of 10lbs. I am hoping that by using this website it will help me reach my total fitness goals of not only losing weight but overall being a more healthy person. If anyone else is on the P90X program i would love to hear how you're doing on the program. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Replies

• tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey Everyone! This is my first Day on this site. I just happen to run across it while reading some message boards on another web site. I am done with Diets. What I am going for is a life style change. I have been on the P90x exercise program for 3 weeks and I am down a total of 10lbs. I am hoping that by using this website it will help me reach my total fitness goals of not only losing weight but overall being a more healthy person. If anyone else is on the P90X program i would love to hear how you're doing on the program. Good luck to everyone!!!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo!!! P90x!!!!! :drinker:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    What is the P90X program???????????????????
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have just started p90x. I am not sure if i should follow their diet plan or just continue with my usual calorie counting. what are you doing?
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    i heard of the p90x program on this site and went thru the website
    it looks great but i cant get it in Oz :sad:
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    I got the Workout routine for Christmas and because we got it cheaper I did not get the meal plan and all the goodies that come with the whole package. I am following a sensible daily routine. I have quit soda and Sweet Tea( which being from Alabama Is REALLLLY HARD!!!) I am not eating fast foods or anything like that. It's really hard because for the first two weeks I still had all those cravings for the "quick foods" that I used to eat. But I promise if you can train yourself to drink nothing but water and eat right for about two weeks it just comes as second nature.

P90X Is a workout program that was created by the folks over at Beach Body, Tony Horton is the Man behind it all and they are AMAZING! If you are on the fence about trying it all I can tell you is that it was totally worth the money! Every workout is different so you don't get bored. You ought to go on youtube and just search P90x and see what kind of results people have gotten. I can assure that if you are serious and follow the program and change they way you eat you can't help but lose weight and get in shape. If anyone has any questions about the program I would be more than happy to provide whatever insight I can.
  • JENN65
    JENN65 Posts: 5
    Options
    Today was my first day starting P90X. I have been looking at it and decided to go for it. One of the guys I work with really believes in it! Truthfully I was not able to do the entire Chest and Back DVD but I am going to continue working at it becasue I can see how it will really make the difference. I need a good workout program because just counting calories is not doing it for me. Great job sticking with it for the past 3 weeks! I will continue to check in and see how you are doing with it.
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    I was unable to finish the First Workout either. I tried really hard. So hard in fact I threw up after wards, that hasn't happen since though.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I recently got the P90x, but am scared to try:tongue: I used to be big on weight lifting all the time and did at least 45 minutes of cardio six days a week, but am afraid that I won't be able to do this without getting discouraged. Do you do the program as often as they say to, or do you give yourself breaks in between workouts?
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Check out the Fitness section on this web site and you will see all kinds of helpful hints and suggestions with P90X. Several of us use the program - young, old, male & female. We all swear by it and you will too. The programs become easier as you do them. Go on their website too and see their community forum pages. www.beachbody.com

You will benefit more if you do their meal plans; not a diet, just a healthier way of eating.

I just finished my first 90 days and will start round 2 shortly. Enjoy your routines and Keep Pushing Play! You'll be glad................
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    The very first time you use each disc it's a little awkward. All it really is though is just a learning curve. Once you get the exercises down it's not that bad. Don't take that thew wrong way, it's a killer workout.....it's just not something that you feel embarrassed about by an means. But Tony always Says " do your best and forget the rest!"
  • MissResa
    Options
    I'll definitely give it more of a try... I have coed volleyball tomorrow- we play for a couple of hours twice a week... Is there a workout that you can suggest starting off with tonight that won't make me so sore that I feel like I'm dying on Monday? I really don't want to be so stiff I can't play.
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    well the great thing about the P90X program is that it alternates, one day is a strength training and the next is cardio. The only way I can suggest is to follow the program. It was designed to work in a very specific way, I think if you start trying to switch things around it may not be as effective. However, you can modify within the workout itself to suit your needs. What I had to do take an extra day or two off so I could make my off day be on Fridays. You may have to do that and maybe skip a day so that you won't be too sore. That's an option.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Maybe I'll just start off with one of the cardio workouts or the yoga, just so I can work out tonight and not feel guilty for putting it off. I'll do volleyball tomorrow, and then just do the program starting Tuesday. Thanks for the info; hopefully I won't be so sore I can't function afterwards... I've heard that it can be pretty brutal starting off!!!:happy:
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    good luck on the yoga....That is the hardest workout there is in my opinion. Just keep the DVD in order and you'll be fine!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    What is the P90X program???????????????????

I have been wondering the same thing!

Guess I'll have to do some online research.
  • MissResa
    Options
    p90x is a workout program that came out from Beachbody... They have multiple DVD's, and a program that you are supposed to follow in 3 stages. They do an infomercial called "Get Ripped In 90 Days". It looks pretty intense, and if you want to see some crazy before and afters, you should check out utube. Most of the ones shown are guys, but you can find some from women, too.
  • soopatodd
    Options
    If anyone needs the P90x nutrition guide or workout plan there is a link in the "P90x Bring It On" group on Facebook. The discussion thread s entitled "Nutrition Guide MIssing"

Just a bit of warning, it is over 100 pages so try to print it at work if you can!

Good Luck and Keep Pressing Play
  • metalpalace
    Options
    P90X rules! Good luck. Actually, if you follow the program and work hard then you will get HUGE results and it will be the result of hard work not luck.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Your results were awesome!!! Before my second kid, I was the buff chick in our circle of friends from all the weight training I did. I think that is why I wanted to try this program. Hopefully my results will be great, too. ::happy: