Gaining weight asap? Why?

Options
My goal weight was 55 kg. I reached it last month before I moved overseas with my boyfriend. For the first weeks of staying with him, I never had problems with my maintenance. I was eating healthy like in the past months. Now, I weighed myself and the scale gave me 60. This could be because of the dine-out and binges on unhealthy food. I don't know what happened but I always binge now--mostly pastries and junks. I need help before this yo-yo makes everything worse.

How do I stop binge? I don't want this eating disorder. I ate a lot today prolly around 4-5k calories. I seriously need help.

Should I bring back my old habits? I rarely cook food now.

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Are you stress eating from the move? I vote to start tracking again. It's easy to get derailed in a new place...particularly if said new place has yummy pastries and you are already stressed out...or bored. Do you know anyone there besides the boyfriend?
  • jeandinco
    jeandinco Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    No, plus, my boyfriend thinks I am too skinny so he's filling me up with carbs.
  • jeandinco
    Options
    The thing is I am still tracking, but I always ginge at night.
  • jeandinco
    Options
    Binge**
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jeandinco wrote: »
    No, plus, my boyfriend thinks I am too skinny so he's filling me up with carbs.

How tall are you?
  • jeandinco
    Options
    I seriously need help because 10 pounds in 2 weeks is no joke. This is surely a combination of fat and water as I am currently bloated because of the binge I had hours ago. Is this an eating disorder or prolly due to extreme caloric deficit? Please help me.
  • OliverFiles
    OliverFiles Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should bring back your old habits and start cooking meals for yourself (and your boyfriend) again. Not only will it be good for both of y'all's health, but it'll save you guys a lot of money too.

Before going to the grocery store, plan out what you want to have for dinner each night and MAKE A LIST! Stick to it, avoid the isles with the sweets for now until you can get a better grasp on your eating. It's okay to have those things every once in a while or plan them in your daily calories, but if you know you're prone to binge on them if they are around, it's best you just avoid them completely.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    55kg is like 120lbs. That's probably a good weight unless you are tall. Unfortunately, the only solution is to tell him you aren't hungry. He can't force feed you. It's hard not to eat all the carbs...especially when someone has them right in front of you. Maybe start cooking and no take aways? Can you distract him by making him help you cook?
  • jeandinco
    Options
  • jeandinco
    Options
    He was bothered by the appearance of my ribs, shoulder blades and looking like a "holocaust victim "
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You just mentioned "extreme caloric deficit." How low did you go, and for how long? That alarms me.

• TavistockToad
    Options
    He was bothered by the appearance of my ribs, shoulder blades and looking like a "holocaust victim "

And what do you think?
  • jeandinco
    Options
    @Charis50 1200 for 5 months, 1400 for 1 month, 1600 for the maintenance months (2 mos)
  • jeandinco
    Options
    @TavistockToad I don't like how round my face is now
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    @TavistockToad I don't like how round my face is now

So go back to 55kg.

It's doubtful you only need 1200 cals to do so though.