20-somethings Week Two

Options
The following is the suggested format to begin:

My current weight (as of __/__) is _________.
My goal for this week is to lose ____ lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
This week I am going to focus on: ____________________________________________________

and then on Friday we can post:
My current weight, as of (_/_), is ____________
I met/did not meet my goal.
I believe I met my goal because:
I believe I did not meet my goal because: (this is about learning from our mistakes)
My goal for next week is to lose _____ lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
This week I am going to focus on: _________________________________.

Replies

• Bruzzeseangel
    Options
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 184.3 lbs.
    I did not meet my goal.
    I believe I did not meet my goal because: I totally blew it the 4th of July weekend and had to make up for it over the week.
    My goal for next week is to lose 1.5 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: WEEKENDS!!! I won't let myself give up over these 2 days.
  • mellogrl136
    mellogrl136 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 167.6

I did not meet my goal to lose 1.5 lbs. because I slacked on logging dinners. Now that I am by myself I am eating whatever is easiest. I need to plan out my dinners and eat better when I am at home.

I believe I met one goal this week because I have been out to take a walk everyday during my lunch hour.

My goal for next week is to lose 1.5 lbs, keep walking on my lunch hours and go to the gym at least 3 times this week (including trying Zumba Thursday night).

This week I am going to focus on planning my meals at home. Just because I am home alone I should not eat whatever is at hand. All the work I do during the day will go out the window if I keep slacking off while I'm at home.
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 129.
    I met my goal.
    I believe I met my goal because: Lots of exercise to force myself to stick under my daily calorie allotment.
    My goal for next week is to lose 1 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: paying for my cheats (such as last night!) to try and keep my weekly net calorie goal on track. I will pay them through exercise so even if I don't pay them the next day I WILL pay them the day after that! Natural cycling perhaps? :laugh:
  • scshackleford
    Options
    My current weight, as of (7/9), is 285 (starting weight being 295)
    I met my goal.: I didn't really have a goal. It's less about a number and more about feeling healthier.
    I believe I met my goal because: I've been making smarter food decisions (mostly, I did have fish and chips) and being more active.
    My goal for next week is to lose 1 lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!) Any loss is a good loss and I'm happy just to have more energy!
    This week I am going to focus on: We eat at restaurants a lot. I need to work on making smarter choices.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    My current weight, as of (7/8), is:148 (.5 lb loss)
    I did not meet my goal.
    I believe I did not meet my goal because: I eat foods with a lot of sodium and/or my TOM ;-/
    My goal for next week is to lose 1 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: doing some sort of exercise every day.
  • rococo11
    rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My weight (as of 7/7) is 174.0
    My goal is to lose 1.5 lbs
    This week I am going to focus on doing strength training 3 times at a level that leaves me sore the next day. No more slacking
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this topic! It should be helpful for motivation! I didn't state my goals last week because I forgot to check the thread but I did have some mental goals so here goes:

My current weight as of 7/8 is 208.4
    My goal for this week is to lose 1 lb.
    This week I am going to focus on: NOT eating like a freak over the weekend! I also need to start working out in the morning again. I have plenty of time, PLENTY of videos, and I need to focus more on strength training. Jillian, here I come!

I met my goal this week because the scale moved down consitantly every day, I closed my diary out every night, was under my calorie goals, and I hit the gym every day it was open. HOWEVER, I ate like a total moron last weekend. I even frickin ordered pizza! Naughty Jesse! This weekend, I have a wedding to go to which will make things difficult to log, but I plan on eating healthy!

Good luck everyone!
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    My current weight, as of (07/08), is 141.0
    I met my goal.
    I believe I met my goal because: I cut down on acting like I was on vacation.
    My goal for next week is to lose .5 lbs and do C25K: W2.
    This week I am going to focus on: Being more active before work.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 243.4 ( no loss)
    I did not meet my goal.
    I believe I did not meet my goal because I overate at night, however I did work out every day.

My goal for this week is to lose 2 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on having a good weekend and stop night snacking.
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    We haven't really shared any tips or ideas yet, but here's one..
    I came across shopwell.com recently and it's really helpful. You customize what you look for in food (high protein, low sodium.. ect) and you get a personal score on different products based on what you want. It's worth taking a look at!
  • Cyndi23
    Cyndi23 Posts: 4
    Options
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 213.4
    I met my goal.
    I believe I met my goal because: I have been counting calories
    My goal for next week is to lose 2lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: drinking 8 glasses of water a day.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My current weight (as of 7/7) is 173.4.
    My goal for this week is to lose 2 lbs. Also, to walk/run 6 more miles and to bike at least 30.
    This week I am going to focus on: Eating healthy, even during weekend bbqs. And to say no to eating OUT. It's just a mistake waiting to happen!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 131.7 (.2lb weight loss)
    I /did not meet my goal.
    I believe I did not meet my goal because: (this is about learning from our mistakes) I did not do the 30 day shred everyday this week because of an unexpected trip to Palm Springs and because I was on vacation I did not limit my carbs as I should have.
    My goal for next week is to lose .5 lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
    This week I am going to focus on: Counting calories consistantly and doing the 30DS daily until I finish it!
  • vdenson
    vdenson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My current weight (as of 7/8) is 202.4___.
    My goal for this week is to lose 2 lbs. (Your goal does not have to be about lb.s lost!)
    This week I am going to focus on tweaking my eating habits more.

and then on Friday we can post:
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 202.4
    I met meet my goal.
    I believe I met my goal because: I started getting in exercise
    My goal for next week is to lose 2.5 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on changing my eating habits.

1169808.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • vdenson
    Options
    Does anyone here use the p90x? I have it and I try but it seems like I'm on the verge of passing out when I do it.
  • leslieanna15
    Options
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is 127.5
    I met my goal!!!
    I believe I met my goal because I ate way too much on vacation last week and settled back into normal eating habits this week.
    My goal for next week is to lose 2.5 lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on more exciting ways to work out, and staying under my 1200 calories.

Good luck everyone :)
  • Bruzzeseangel
    Options
    We haven't really shared any tips or ideas yet, but here's one..
    I came across shopwell.com recently and it's really helpful. You customize what you look for in food (high protein, low sodium.. ect) and you get a personal score on different products based on what you want. It's worth taking a look at!

I actually think this is a good idea - to share tips/ideas/etc. So I'm throwing it out to the group - do we keep those things in these threads? And while we're at it - question posed. I've got friends in from out of town this weekend so we will most likely be going drinking at least one of the nights. How do you keep yourself from consuming a crazy amount of calories when drinking? I usually drink vodka waters just to lower the calorie intake. But what about food?
  • vdenson
    Options
    I read in a magazine that people lose more weight when they share appetizers with the group versus eating it by yourself. Also try to order veggies as ur sides and grilled options for your main course. I hope this helps.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    My plan is to eat one of those nutrition bars that are a little over 100 calories before I go so I can't eat a full meal/appetizer. My friend recommended 1 glass of water between each drink (reduces the chance of dehydration, less likely to get a hangover) so I don't drink nearly as much. No beer, no drink mixes (cosmos, mojitos, sour mix or margaritas)- just going to be drinking my wine next time i go to drink. At least that's the plan, i am going to try to hold myself to it next weekend when it's my girls night out.

Also research their menu before you go and look at how many calories are in those appetizers and meals, i'm sure you won't want to eat a full plate of anything after you see how much is in there!

PS: my other friend asks them to put half in a to go bag before they bring it out, (or maybe 2 plates in this case so 1/2 of it sits a bit further way and you feel like you ate the whole thing) ? Just throwing out ideas...
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I'm in.

My current weight (as of 07/8/2011) is 332.
    My goal for this week is to lose __2__ lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: _getting rid of the late night snacking_.