Adding exercise!

Options
I am a member of the gym Planet Fitness. I am not sure how to add the exercises I do when I use the machines or the workouts there. Does anyone know how to add exercise?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There's an exercise tab in the app that you'll use to enter those things. You can track which machines you used and how many reps and sets there but that doesn't give you calories. Of course, weight lifting doesn't really burn that many calories so it's probably best to leave that as it is. For cardio workouts, it's best if you have a heart rate monitor and enter the calories from that into the cardio area. If you don't, you can use the options MFP has but I'd seriously only enter maybe 50% of what MFP originally gives you; it's notoriously generous.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You can also log "strength training" under cardio exercise. I use it along with the individual strength training exercises. You can also add your own exercises..they have basics like bicep curls or squats, but not always different exercises like sumo squats or reverse lunges.
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I added a discussion (Weight Training at Planet Fitness) about lifting at Planet Fitness and posted some of the exercises I do, the weights, the reps and the calorie burn. You might want to look for my post