Fiber 1 bars.

Options
Are there any members who are eating fiber one bars to help up their fiber. If so what is your favourite kinds.

Thanks

Replies

• bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate chip granola bars...not a fan of the brownies.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating the oat and chocolate bars because they're convenient, taste good and are dirt cheap at Costco.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I love the brownies. They taste like real brownies to me, not chalky at all. Satisfied my chocolate cravings, didn't add much to my calories & gave me much needed fiber. A great deal all around as far as I was concerned.
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the Fiber One Protein bars - the Cookies and Creme and the Peanut Butter - because... I need a bit more fiber and protein. Also... they are chocolate covered and yummy.
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars aren't for me. I'm not big on the amount of carbs within a small little treat. It can be good for a pick-me-up but I usually go for bars that have more protein. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Quest bars that pack 21g protein, 1g sugar, and basically on 3g of active carbs. They did change their ingredients though (Milk protein first than whey protein, making it have a bit more fat) which is a downer but they are still great tasting and they will satisfy you. I would recommend the S'mores bar.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I'm currently eating the oat and chocolate bars because they're convenient, taste good and are dirt cheap at Costco.

My MIL brings me a box of those once a month. I love them, but variety isn't something Costco is famous for.

I prefer the peanut butter brownies of the ones I've tried. The lemon crumble bars I can do without.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I did while I was pregnant cause I was having bad constipation. It helped immensely. Also the fiber one cereals were a big hit at that time.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    The cinnamon coffee cake bars are decent. At first I thought they had an odd aftertaste but I've come to enjoy them.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've liked all the ones I tried, but they didn't like me back...I think it must be a little too much fiber for me to handle at one time.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Quest bars for fiber.
    Taste much better and have lots of protein.

My fav is the browine 15g of fiber and 20g protein- less than 1 sugar.
    Warm it in the microwave for 15 seconds and.... drool.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like the Trader Joe's ones better.

4EA68EC6-275A-6AE1-4209-B0824ED318EB.jpeg

Very tasty and only 120 calories for 9g of fiber.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Fiber One Coconut Almond Protein bars. Very tasty, fills me up with the fiber and protein and only 140 calories each.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them for the fibre, but I think the Fibre One lemon squares are freaking delicious.

I am another one who goes with Quest. I have one for breakfast every morning because the protein and fibre for the calories is excellent, even though they're not nearly as tasty as a cakelike bar like Fibre One.
  • Devol82
    Devol82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have tried the brownie and lemon bar, I gave the box away of both. Not a fan of them.
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars aren't for me. I'm not big on the amount of carbs within a small little treat. It can be good for a pick-me-up but I usually go for bars that have more protein. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Quest bars that pack 21g protein, 1g sugar, and basically on 3g of active carbs. They did change their ingredients though (Milk protein first than whey protein, making it have a bit more fat) which is a downer but they are still great tasting and they will satisfy you. I would recommend the S'mores bar.

Where do you buy Quest bars? I've looked all over and have never found them.

For Fiber one, I like the oats and chocolate. When I'm in a hurry, I'll use them for a breakfast or snack.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

For Fiber one, I like the oats and chocolate. When I'm in a hurry, I'll use them for a breakfast or snack.

Quest bars are sold at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe or any Health Supplement store.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

The grocery stores and Wal-Marts where I live now carry them. You can find them cheaper online.

There's also a whole slew of copycats out there now - Combat Crunch, Mission 1, Oh Yeah One, Fitjoy, etc. Costco now makes a version that tastes good and is less than a dollar a bar.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    They are good and I have them occasionally. However, getting you fiber from a food source instead of a bar is better IMHO. No matter what you purchase there's extra junk in them..
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Fiber One Coconut Almond Protein bars. Very tasty, fills me up with the fiber and protein and only 140 calories each.

I like these too. I can't eat them every day because the coconut is a little strong, but if I could go for an Almond Joy these are a great substitute.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate brownies, the lemon bars. The streusel ones are are pretty good, though the cheesecake ones are tease more than anything. Target had a special smores flavor over the summer that was good. I don't buy them much, because I tend to eat 2 or 3 in a sitting. I have tried the chocolate and lemon Fiber Now bars from Aldi and the lemon bars were pretty good, chewy with a bright flavor. I'd buy them again. The chocolate was just meh.