Garmin Connect adding all exercises together in MFP

I have a Garmin 310XT and usually my workout includes running and walking. When I download the data into Garmin Connect it breaks it down correctly into 2 separate workouts. However, once it syncs with MFP it clumps everything together. This morning I ran 10 miles and walked 2 miles and it shows my pace at 5.2 which is incorrect because it is adding both exercises together. Is there any way to get this data to sync separately in MFP without having to do manual entries?

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Not that I'm aware of. If i use my VivoActive to walk on lunch, then go for a short run, then my Edge 520 to record a bike ride it'll all show as one workout on MFP.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have a VivoSmart. I just use Connect to see certain details, and MFP for other summaries. I record my food in MFP, and it syncs back to Connect. I also used to have a Fitbit, and still use the Fitbit scale (I lost the wrist tracker, it fell off, and I never found it.) I have my scale hooked up to both Connect and MFP. The arrangement is working for me.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Is there any particular reason you need to see it in both MFP and Connect? In my food diary it breaks down what each workout was, just my newsfeed it's clumped together. But it's not a big deal because any data I need to know pertinent to the workout is in Connect.

Unless it's a vanity thing for your MFP friends.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member

I have mixed emotions on it. I log my Strength exercises independently so they show in my diary, and I know what I did on such & such day. It would be nice to see independent cardio based exercises as well. But since I've been logging everything through Strava I can just sneak over there if I want.
  • cricket490
    cricket490 Posts: 31 Member
    Is there any particular reason you need to see it in both MFP and Connect? In my food diary it breaks down what each workout was, just my newsfeed it's clumped together. But it's not a big deal because any data I need to know pertinent to the workout is in Connect.

I guess the reason I don't like it clumped together is because it says jogging when it also includes walking. And yes, it is a vanity thing for my ONE MFP friend. Need to impress......