Needing to lose 70 pounds

Options
Lisashealth78
Lisashealth78 Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2016 in Getting Started
I have restarted my weight loss journey as I need to lose 70 pounds in order to get my health under control and start feeling better on how I look and feel all the time. I'm in the process of changing what I eat and making sure that I drink more water and less soda and also making sure that Iog everything and not cheat in order from this to happen. Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can go from there with support and motivation so that this happens hopefully by this time next year.

Replies

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on throwing any exercise into the mix or are you going to lose it through diet alone? I found the added exercise makes losing easier because you get to eat more.
  • feeferb
    feeferb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me...I still can't figure out how to send friend requests...duh!
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    join one of the challenges and break your loss into smaller goals. I am on one now that is lose 5 lbs in August. It will go on in September. Don't try to do it too fast. Just relearn to eat healthier and log everything. I will see if I can invite you to the challenge so you have it for next time. I didn't think it would matter but it does. We all support one another.

Can't see how to invite you but check it now before it goes to September: Lose 5lbs in August 2016 open group. It's under Challenges in Community. Star the group so you can go back to it by clicking on the star icon.
  • mhicksrn
    mhicksrn Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    How long does it typically take to notice Results
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    mhicksrn wrote: »

Depends on the person and how much they have to lose. A 350lb man might drop 15 lbs in two weeks and you wouldn't notice. A 110 pound woman might take four weeks to lose four pounds and look like a completely different person.

If you are talking about strictly weight loss, heavy people will notice results almost immediately. If you are honest to yourself and stick to the plan without cheating or estimating anything the weight falls off very quickly in the beginning if you are heavy. I am speaking from experience.
  • micheleewat
    micheleewat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is 70 pounds too, though 90-100 would put me closer to what doctors say I should weigh. My truest goal isn't measured in numbers. It is measured by whether or not my husband can pick me up.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    mhicksrn wrote: »

It also depends on how you do it. If you're exercising and controlling calories/portion sizes (no D word!), you'll probably notice results sooner than just reducing calories because exercise helps tone. Of course, weight loss with exercise might feel slower, because if you build muscle (and I don't mean body-builder, I just mean firming up what you've got), muscle is heavier than fat so you might see results in how you look/how clothes fit but not see a lot of scale change. But then, muscle burns more calories than fat, so it might even itself out.