My journey

Options
koujo21
koujo21 Posts: 26 Member
I started out at 320lbs. I didn't even realize I got that big, until one day I was at a 50 waist seize. I always said I would hit the gym bUT I realized that I wasn't getting any younger, so put up or shut up- I kept telling myself. So about a year and a half ago I started taking it serious, not just exercising but eating as well. The first 3 months were tough. I kept saying if I get to 6 months and nothing happens then I'm just gonna live life. It's weird 'cause the next week people couldn't stopen telling how much weight I lost n stuff. I personally couldn't see it but my clothes confirmed this. Got to 6 months without stopping, but then I fell off for 2 months in terms of exercising due to money issues. At this point I was at 280lbs. Within 2 months I gained 10 lbs. Uh-oh...but I got back on it for 2 months then off again for 2. Finally the beginning of this year until now I've been powering through. I'm at 245lbs now and my goal was 250. I'm not stopping ever again, I realized you gotta keep motivating yourself, so new goal is 230lbs. Long story short be mentally strong and add me as your friend I use this app everyday. Stay bless!

Replies

• LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That is so great. Job well done!!!!
  • koujo21
    Options
    Thank you!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thank you for sharing with us.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Great job! :) Love your story because it will probably be mine when I reach my goal. Since starting 13 months ago, I've had too many stalls and struggles. You just showed me that it can be done. Thanks for sharing! <3
  • koujo21
    Options
    No problem ladies keep fighting
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good work! Glad you continued. You much be very proud of yourself ;-)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hi friend!

What an amazing story! I've seen how consistent you have been for a while now and I wanted you to know that I am so proud of you!

Way to go and keep up the momentum!
  • koujo21
    Options
    Thanks lady! You're such a good example for me. Glad we're friends
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about the times you stalled and got back up again, it's what I needed to hear!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Your story is real because you've just stuck with it..even after slip ups.. you went back and you're getting it done. It never happens fast.. it is slow and steady wins the race like so many on here say.. Great job of sticking with it!
  • koujo21
    Options
    Thanks guys I really appreciate it
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great job and thanks for posting your story with the ups and downs!
  • GregStone2
    GregStone2 Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    got to keep it up
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    awesome job
  • dariusshaw
    dariusshaw Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What did you eat I just started working out again and been eating salad with chicken breast and 4 cheese cubes day and night and oatmeal for breakfast for 1 and a half weeks now I'm just wondering if I'm doing okay
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!