Simultaneously Gaining and Losing?

Options
Hi! I just downloaded this app today and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good macronutrient ratio for gaining muscle while still losing fat? (if that's possible)

I recently lost 80 lbs within less than a year (from august 2015 - may 2016). From 175 lbs, I am now 95 lbs. Now, I want to build more muscle. pbwjre3207ei.jpeg
I'm doing strength training for 2 hours a day, 6 times a week (aside from 1 hour cardio everyday) but I'm hesitant to eat/have a calorie surplus because I'm afraid of gaining back the weight (from fat) that I worked so hard to lose. Hope someone can help!

Replies

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing! Congrats!

I would recommend reposting your request in the fitness forum here on MFP as you'll get the best advice there for how to gain through strength training, rather than here in the success forum where your request for advice may disappear amongst the celebratory threads.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-you look great!!! Congratulations on your success!!
  • GregStone2
    GregStone2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you look good good job on your sucess
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look beautiful then and now but I understand the desire to stay smaller but you must eat for your health especially for the amount of exercise your doing. Post this elsewhere for the advice you're looking for.Keep up the good work :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    2hours a day, 6 days a week of strength training is a lot. What program are you doing?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!