September goals

Options
1. Stop eating after 8 pm (I get insane cravings around 10 pm)
2. 15500 steps a day
3. Track my food for the full month

Does anyone else struggle with late night cravings?
I could really use some people to keep me motivated :)

Replies

• mariafassett
    mariafassett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get those late night cravings too. Sweet, salty, sour: I get them all. Definitely looking to stop eating so late this month.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Get the stuff out of the house and buy some snacks that fit better into your plan.
  • sandrachis
    sandrachis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Popcorn with a spray of butter. Water with lemons. Apples. Go to bed earlier. Relaxation tapes. Read something interesting but boring before going to sleep....like the history of the Civil War. You can do this. It won't last forever. Your brain wants to know what to count on. When to eat and sleep. If I could I would be up till 4 am watching vampire movies and eating peanut butter with a spoon but I go to sleep and get up early for exercise class and actually feel and look better. I know you can make the change. It's fun to have a new attitude. As you age you'll be glad you took care of yourself.
  • arnalundgren
    arnalundgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Late night cravings are my worst enemy :(
  • rachaelann35
    rachaelann35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I set myself a time to eat dinner every single night. Usually between 6:00 and 7:00. Even if that means eating without my husband. Set aside a good half and hour or so to drink a crap ton of water before you eat too. After dinner, keep drinking water and brush your teeth. That always helps me. Once you stop snacking past 8:00, you won't even realize it!
  • Mrs_Ovechkin
    Mrs_Ovechkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No late night snacking has been my goal all of August, the kitchen closes at 8! I have done pretty well with it for the most part (weekends seem to be my pitfall) and I feel so much better about my eating habits. I sleep better and am hungry for breakfast at a normal time so I eat on a regular schedule the rest of the day. The cycle is very fruitful (but very vicious if it goes the other way) . My biggest issue is that I usually have to do work after dinner so continuing to graze may be a procrastination thing.
    I think Rachelann35 has a great plan of setting a dinner time cleaning up and getting the heck out of there. Brushing my teeth and moving on to another activity or getting ready for bed seems to help me. And one last thing someone told me about talking yourself out of late night snacking is that if you really want another helping or last sweet treat just tell yourself it will still be there tomorrow. Hoping to keep these new habits going through September!