Too Young to be Too Big.....

Options
I am going to be 30 in 2012.....30!!! I have a 2yo daughter and a 3mo son. I have been doing nothing but gain weight since I hit high school and need to do something about it. It is my eating....It's like i can't stop. I see how much I eat everyday and can't believe it yet i still feel like i have to. Not even that i want to...it's habit...ICK I am so grossed out with myself and I am sure my husband is but he would never tell me that. I want to feel confident and fit and sexy again! I don't want to me model skinny...i hate those people and they are too fragile. I want to be fit and toned and healthy....

thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    amen!
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 and I have more energy and enjoy life ten times more now at this weight than I ever did in my 20's. It's so worth it to do this for yourself. Your "selfishness" to take care of yourself actually turns into a gift for yourself, your husband and your children. You can do this...I am proof!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You have a choice, you can either keep saying "I want this" or you can say "I am going to be this." It takes 15 days to override old habits and create new ones, it takes a bit longer to make it a sustainable lifestyle change. This is your chance, this is the time that you can start living like you want to and teaching something better to your children. Good luck!!
  • DebinAZ
    DebinAZ Posts: 30
    Options
    Every now and then I talk to myself like this, too. I'm not "young", but any age is the wrong age to be overweight / obese.

We have to look in the mirror and tell ourselves the good things about ourselves. We are worth being healthy. :)
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your goals. There is a lot of support here if you just look for it. I know how you feel though and am glad you are stepping up to do it for yourself. It took me a long time to realize just how much baby weight I had kept after my last one and he just turned 6.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My 30th birthday was when I decided to make a change! I wish I had started before my birthday, but I guess I needed that realization that I am not in my 20's anymore and that I needed to do something about it. Good Luck!
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I was saying the same thing the other day, I am 28, will be 29 in September and I felt like I was 88 going on 89.... I had no energy, I had no immune system, all I was eating was processed foods and fast food, and I couldn't keep up with my 2 year old daughter... so I decided that I wanted to make changes now... I don't want to teach my daughter that it's ok to eat out every night of the week and be obese...it's not ok to come home from work and watch tv all night without being active... You can do this!!! Good luck on your journey!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Good for you for recognizing where you're at and what you want to change - now you can start making an action plan!

I had the same kind of "whoa!" moment when I started. I was almost 36 years old and realized I'd been overweight/obese for half of my life. I started gaining weight my senior year of high school and it just kept piling on over the years.

You can totally do this!!
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate the support and feel great that I am not alone...i have been keeping track of my food and have been doing GREAT! Now I gotta get with the exercising....i dont have money to buy dvds or get a gym membership..my boss burned me p90x so wish me luck!!
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    So weird reading this! I did realize that not only was i suffering from moderate depression, my job was a HUGE cause of my troubles!

Since this post, I have changed jobs, started running, and am STILL struggling with my food. I am addicted to eating! it's so icky! I am tryign though!

Please add me as a friend and also follow my blog!

http://happymommyhealthylife.blogspot.com

~Beth~
    16lbs down!; 3.1mi 37:04
    "I am still a work in progress"