Ready to take this seriously!

Options
dahlia1015
dahlia1015 Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
First off, this is the first time I have tried anything like this and really taken my weight loss seriously. So forgive me for sounding like a noob but that's what I am, haha!

My name is Vic and I'm almost 26 years old, and I'm ready to finally seeing myself in a positive way and just be healthy overall.

I've known my weight was an issue for years, but I never really have been as motivated as I am now. It finally dawned on me that it was time to get serious after so many years of being unhappy. I'm a single mother of an autistic child and I work with mentally disabled people, so obviously my weight was an issue since I have to literally chase people around all day. :D I'm hoping to maybe make some new friends going through the same things as me and, obviously, finally reach my goals.

Replies

• Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey...have fun and get those results
  • sweetcore
    sweetcore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat as you. I never really tried to lose weight even though I knew I wanted to. I also recently started and it made m open my eyes as to how much food I am putting into my body.

I totally get what you mean about chasing lol I used to take care of high school autistic kids during their p.e time and I was not fit for that lol usually everyone outran me and I was drained after 30 minutes
  • dahlia1015
    dahlia1015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sweetcore wrote: »
    I am on the same boat as you. I never really tried to lose weight even though I knew I wanted to. I also recently started and it made m open my eyes as to how much food I am putting into my body.

I totally get what you mean about chasing lol I used to take care of high school autistic kids during their p.e time and I was not fit for that lol usually everyone outran me and I was drained after 30 minutes

Yes I understand completely.. I started writing down the things I was eating as I ate and looking up the calories and was horrified. What also motivated me was the fact that my child and some of my clients are runners and can just bolt at a moment's notice. How can I stop them from running into a street if I can't keep up with them? No way, changes must be made.
  • jules_1229
    jules_1229 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! :)