I've tried and failed over and over

Options
it's been five years now. Trying to gain weight and gain muscle. And I've failed. I've made little progress but in the end. I came short. I'm 25 and I'm small. I can't keep up the life style. What do I do now? I don't know how to keep a job and build my body. There's so much bull *kitten* out there on how to grow. What do I do now? I've lost all hope

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    it's been five years now. Trying to gain weight and gain muscle. And I've failed. I've made little progress but in the end. I came short. I'm 25 and I'm small. I can't keep up the life style. What do I do now? I don't know how to keep a job and build my body. There's so much bull *kitten* out there on how to grow. What do I do now? I've lost all hope

Can you give details on your diet and training?
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Fitlifestyle4life Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well I tried tracking macros. And eatting my meals and taking my protein. Bcaas. I go to the gym and do my work outs. Five day split. Five by five. Or il start light and go up. It gets to the point my strength has gotten so weak. Could this be do to *kitten*? I mean I don't know any more.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal? Are you following a structured program, or did you make up your own?
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    On the flip side of all the detail on macros, supplements and calories, is it possible you're so focused so much on the detail that you're driving yourself crazy? You could kick all the supplements to the curb, eat your pizza and cheeseburgers within reason, and make sure you just keep lifting hard. I've run into a walls on a number of occasions and just kept grinding. I'm starting to come out of the hell hole of my last one and seeing PRs again.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    What do I do now? I don't know how to keep a job and build my body.

To keep a job, get along well with others, and do what's expected of you. :+1:

Maybe getting big is not in the cards for you. Do you think you can be happy just being a normal fit guy?
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's my fear. A normal fit guy? Can I be able to reach my goals?
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You need to eat more.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's my fear. A normal fit guy? Can I be able to reach my goals?

Depends on what your goals are. If you have unrealistic expectations you may never reach them. Is your goal to be the next Mr. Olympia or what?
  • adhollifield
    adhollifield Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    have you tried the Bigger, Leaner, Stronger program. muscleforlife.com. I am NOT an add or anything. I just love that website and I am getting into the Thinner,leaner,stronger one for women. Its just good old fashioned stuff but might help you find a missing link
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Eat at a surplus of 250 calories a day and hit each muscle group 2x a week. With a job that should be no problem, I've made it work working up to 60hrs a week. Meal prep and plan your day ahead of time. Invest in nut butters, oil, and trail mix to fill in the calorie gaps.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Options
    I think I'm done with lifting. Il stick with my dad bod. I want to get like Greg plitt but I don't know if I will ever get like this
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit that I don't have a clue who Greg Plitt is, but if your profile photo is accurate, I wouldn't say you have a "dad bod." Don't let a plateau get you down.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Seriously dude. I've got 3-5 more years till I hit my goal physique. Suck it up, do tons of research on everything and anything, and put the work in if you want to see the results. We all hit plateaus. Finally just broke my 2 month plateau after coming out of a cut. It takes non stop dedication to get the results you want.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You look fitter than 99% of the people I see, so I'm not sure who you are comparing yourself to. You've worked out diligently for 5 years. Time to love the results.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think I'm done with lifting. Il stick with my dad bod. I want to get like Greg plitt but I don't know if I will ever get like this

if that's how you feel then you've made your decision...

you wouldn't answer any questions on the routine you use, or your food intake which suggests you weren't following a structured plan or fueling properly, hence the less that satisfactory results, which is fairly easily remedied if you were bothered to learn from some of the fabulously experienced peeps on here.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You want size and strength? Eat more. Double what you normally eat. Hop on a Powerlifting program. After 5yrs of little progress, it's worth a shot. Maybe try 531.

I'm currently eating 6k/day and seeing incredible gains. Yes some fat, but it's evenly distributed. 6'0 180 shooting for 200+

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    You want size and strength? Eat more. Double what you normally eat. Hop on a Powerlifting program. After 5yrs of little progress, it's worth a shot. Maybe try 531.

I'm currently eating 6k/day and seeing incredible gains. Yes some fat, but it's evenly distributed. 6'0 180 shooting for 200+

Holy crap, dude. Your regular day looks like one of my cheat days. lol

FYI - It looks like you're eating at a surplus of roughly 2,800-3,200 calories a day. My understanding is that the body can only add so much muscle at a time and that the rest of a caloric surplus will manifest as body fat. (unless, of course, you're on gear ;-)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

Holy crap, dude. Your regular day looks like one of my cheat days. lol

FYI - It looks like you're eating at a surplus of roughly 2,800-3,200 calories a day. My understanding is that the body can only add so much muscle at a time and that the rest of a caloric surplus will manifest as body fat. (unless, of course, you're on gear ;-)

My current maintenance is 4,000. I have gained BF for sure. Around 15ish now. I should mention that this is a recomp. I have hit 200 before. No gear. I take gainers, multi, pre, creatine.
  • Fitlifestyle4life
    Options
    I've done 531 but how do you get in all those meals when you work 7 to 8 hours a day?