Actual Weight

Options
So my old roommate said that she weighs herself in the morning, after the bathroom, before breakfast, naked. She says that is the most accurate. Well, I dont keep a scale in my house because I will be on it 8 times a day. :laugh: So I have been weighing myself mid day, at the gym, with all of my gym clothes on. How much should I account for them in determining my actual weight?

Replies

• astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    So my old roommate said that she weighs herself in the morning, after the bathroom, before breakfast, naked. She says that is the most accurate. Well, I dont keep a scale in my house because I will be on it 8 times a day. :laugh: So I have been weighing myself mid day, at the gym, with all of my gym clothes on. How much should I account for them in determining my actual weight?
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    That's a tough question, because I also subscribe to what your roomie does (although I wait til I get to work first thing when I get there). I've always just heard to weigh yourself at the same time of day each time and from the same scale. I don't know how long it takes for your body to process food and liquids to know how much it would effect your weight. Good question though.

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That is your actual weight. Ya, weight flucuates throughout the day, and yes you have clothes on, but there's no formula for calculating a difference. As long as you're doing it the same way week to week, you'll see accurate results. Weight is only a number, don't get so wrapped up in it, results are the important thing.
  • astarte09
    Options
    Ok good. That is why I dont own a scale.. I am addicted to it.. someone told me to subtract 5 lbs for my clothes..but that doesnt seem right.
  • heatherrose
    Options
    Wellllll i have a scale at home and as much as i would love to deduct like 5 lbs min when ever i do have clothes on and am weighing myself, in actuality it seems to make about a 1-2 lbs difference. As for am to pm weights i dont know the difference but if you are always weighing yourself at the same time you should be able to keep track of accurate loss :) Good luck :)
  • chriswood
    Options
    I took care of clients and the doctor required me to weigh her first thing in morning after urination for the correct dry wt. But as everyone else said as long as it is the same time of day on the same scale you will get pretty accurate numbers. I agree not to get real hung up on #'s because if you are doing any wt lifting you will see a difference in inches maybe before you see any in the scale #'s and that is what most people are looking for. Your wt can fluctuate alot due to water retention, so be sure to get your 8 glasses a day to adjust your body.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    as long as you have the same procedure every week, i wouldnt worry :heart:
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    It all depends on what you are wearing too. I have tried to see the difference before, i got on the scale naked, then got completely dressed shoes, belt and all and i gained 3.5lbs or so.
  • astarte09
    Options
    I wear, pants, undies, sports bra, regular bra, shirt, socks, and running shoes...sometimes i forget and leave my ipod on too.... I wonder how much my hair weights :laugh: and my boobs for that matter!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am really just looking for inches...but if the scale moves, I get so motivated!
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Subtract 3-5 pounds, but if your weighing yourself on a regular type scale its not going to be right you need to weigh in on a digital one.
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    im 193 naked and 199 at the gym with clothes on:grumble:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I know at the Doctor's office they subtract about 2 lbs. I generally find that my clothes weigh about 3...depending on what I wear.

Just as long as you weigh in similar clothes at the gym, thats the best way to track weight loss.
    haha, i weigh in clothes- but I put that weight down KNOWING that I'm a couple of pounds less but hoping its a few more...keeps me motivated.
  • astarte09
    Options
    Thats what I have been doing...I am 157 with clothes on... but I always use the same digital scale..
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself at the gym the other evening, and I was 4 lbs heavier than at home in the morning. I also have this one pair of pants, they are SO comfy, but they really weigh like 2 lbs, I weigh 2 lbs less when I take them off and weigh myself again.

I always weigh myself in the morning, right after I go pee, but before I shower (wet hair obviously is heavier).