Not losing weight

Options
Hi. Iv been accurately logging for two weeks now and even though I lost 10lb in the first 9 days iv since gone up 2lb . The scale hasn't shifted since. Iv stayed well within my calorie deficit. With the exception of sat night because of a party but didn't overdue it and had banked more than enough Cal's for it. Any ideas ?

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    whats you stats? have you crashed carbs?
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    10lb in 9 days equals a big fluid loss which could have meant dehydration. It may well be that your body is retaining fluid for rehydration.

In addition, if you ate and/or drank a lot on Saturday night you are likely carry bulk/fluid from that,
  • gracecassidy21
    gracecassidy21 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I haven't cut out any food group. Just eating healthier and a lot less. I had two glasses of wine sat night and another two last night but the 2lb went on before I had any.drinking lots of water since I started. I was thinking it might be fluid retention myself so keeping hydrated but still no movement from scale.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Weight loss fluctuates, give it a chance. In 14 days you have dropped 10lbs that is never going to keep happening.

Some days you will be up, others down. Track the trends. At my TOM I can jump up 4-5lbs over night, it is just the way things are.
  • gracecassidy21
    Options
    Totally realise I'm not going to lose anywhere near 10 lb that quick . I'd be happy with 1lb but not plus 2lb. another 2weeks till tom. I know I haven't gone over my deficit so hopefully it will work itself out. Just thought I'd vent and see if there a reason I haven't thought of.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    In 2 weeks you've lost 8lbs...

Weight loss isn't linear and weight fluctuates even if you think you've done everything right. Consistency is key so just keep doing what you're doing.
  • gracecassidy21
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I know and iv been focusing on that 8lb to keep me motivated. Gonna try not to weigh myself for rest of the week ( prob impossible ) and hopefully get a nice surprise when I do.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know and iv been focusing on that 8lb to keep me motivated. Gonna try not to weigh myself for rest of the week ( prob impossible ) and hopefully get a nice surprise when I do.

Either weigh yourself daily and learn when your body fluctuates, or do it weekly/monthly and still realise that weight fluctuates...

There is more to losing weight, and more to life than the number on the scales.
  • gracecassidy21
    Options
    Yep I'm aware of that. I'm not worried about the number on the scale as I know it will change if I keep up these new habits. I generally was just wondering if there was a reason I hadn't thought of.
  • Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If your TOM is in two weeks, that means you are ovulating right around now. It is not uncommon to gain a couple of pounds in water weight around ovulation. Give it time, and it will come right back off.
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    gracecassidy--I was having a hard time losing weight. I have started walking more--eating less. But don't go below your Calories because that won't be good for you.
    This is what I'm doing--I walk before I eat.
    First, do you have a Pedometer? If not, invest in one. It will soon be your Best Friend and you won't be able to go without it. Trust Me.
    I walk somewhere between 10,000 and 12,000 plus Steps, if you can.
    Eat LOTS of Veggies. If you Stir-Fry them with Chicken, Shrimp, Beef(Steak), Pork. Now here's the thing cook in Olive Oil or Canola Oil. DON'T USE Vegetable Oil. It's NOT GOOD for you. The BEST OILS are Olive and Canola. Use Canola Cooking Spray.
    If you eat Eggs, use an Egg and Egg White or Egg Substitute with your Egg. Each Egg has 70-80 Calories, 250 ml. Cholesterol and 5 grams of Fat. Egg White/Substitute has 0 Cal., Chol. and Fat. So, that's a thought.
    Meats--Use lean Meats, Low Fat Ground Beef. ANYTHING that says "Loin" or has "Loin" in it is usually Low-Fat.

If you have questions you can ask me, if you want to.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You mention 2 weeks to TOM, so this can easily be water retention at the time of ovulation.
  • 13thGeneral
    13thGeneral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When cooking, I usually use some combination of Canola, Olive, and Coconut Oils, depending on what I'm cooking. Just be careful not to overheat them (each has a specific smoke temp) because they lose any benefits one they reach that point.
    Here's a handy chart;