Support System/Accountability buddy/ Motivator

Options
jenlovv
jenlovv Posts: 14 Member
Hey guys,

I'm not new to this site, but I haven't used it in quite some time. I'm currently a 3rd year veterinary student and I've gained about 20 lbs in the past year. My schedule is demanding and stressful, so I have not been taking care of myself at all. I have weighed between 165 and 180 since I was in high school and I'm starting to get past that range and I would rather not. I've tried to lose weight again and again with very little results. I have done fairly rigorous workout routines in the past for several weeks and did not see any results on the scale. I become discouraged if I do not lose weight even if I'm feeling great and even looking better. With that being said, I need an accountability buddy and a friend. Someone who knows the ropes and the ups and downs and who has had success and has worked through failure. I don't just want another person on my newsfeed, I want someone who doesn't mind checking in every day or so to spread a little wisdom and encouragement. I don't want to be in this for weight loss. That has never gotten me anywhere.. I just want to be healthier and feel good and at least stop gaining so much.

Any help, words, and friends are greatly appreciated... Good luck to everyone in all of their endeavors :)

Replies

• roscoe2317
    roscoe2317 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen, I am back onto this site myself. I did it a couple of years ago and then drifted away due to work and life's other demands. I am back and working it hard. I am at an age that if I don't do it now, it will be never. This time has been a lot harder as far a weight is concerned. I am starting to run for the first time in years and I guess I am adding muscle...I hope. The thing that has gotten better is my overall health. I work in a stressful job at a particularly stressful facility. Since I have started all this I feel better and I am handling stress better. I have set a goal and am working to make it. Have you tried setting a goal for something other than weight? Like running a race or doing a Spartan race, something other than a number on a scale.
  • pccheflona925
    pccheflona925 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always looking for new friends, and new ideas as well as accountability. Anyone who comments after me is welcome to add me as well.
  • jenlovv
    jenlovv Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I actually signed up for a 5k at the end of the month. I would like to do one of the September challenges, but I haven't really decided which one yet.
  • roscoe2317
    roscoe2317 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is great! Push yourself and it will pay off.