Almost 100 lbs down

Options
jor1002
jor1002 Posts: 1 Member
Hi Fitness Pal friends,

In the last 456 days (hey we are counting) I have lost almost 100 lbs. At the beginning of this journey I was looking at myself in the mirror and I didn't recognize myself. It got to the point where you just except being extremely overweight and decide there is nothing you can do to change it. Well that day I was sick of it, sick of looking that way, and sick of being depressed, miserable and unhappy. I was determined to do something to change it. It was then I decided to make a lifestyle change. I eat healthy and the same amount of calories everyday and I also do 90 minutes of cardio a day.

I never dreamed I could loose this much weight. I cannot express how good it feels to be finally living my life instead of sitting back and watching others. I'm happier than I have ever been. I play with my kids more and I cherish every moment with them. I'm not that miserable snappy negative person I used to be. I'm full of energy, love and light.

Posting today to encourage others. If I can do this truly anyone can. For all of the people that never believed in me, I believe in all of you and I know you can make a positive change too.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look great!!
  • tracydecicco
    tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I'm so happy for you!!! I just started this past Monday (again) and need inspiration desperately.
    I would love to see a before and after pic. The profile pic is too small. Can u tell me your height and starting weight?
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes i would like more stats and pictures, but from what I can see you look great. Good job.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Freaking amazing!
  • mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You did something amazing, thanks for sharing. Truly inspirational.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Wow, absolutely amazing transformation! Great work!
  • Bartmansgarage
    Bartmansgarage Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. You look awesome. Im 59 lbs down on my way to my 1st 100 lbs, hopefully by Christmas. And then another 25 to 45 the following year God willing. You are an inspiration.
  • buildergirl
    buildergirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to me. I am in exactly the place you were when you started (down 2.4 lbs - 100 or so to go) I hate where I am at, I hate to look at myself in the mirror, I am depressed and you have done exactly what I want to do. I hope to making a post like this sometime next year. I am so determined (obsessed really) I don't plan to stop until I reach my goal. When you say 90 minutes of cardio did you break it up into 2 - 45 min sessions? Did you do any strength training?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,303 Member
    Options
    wow.. i looked at your profile picture.. what a great before and after! I might kick my cardio up to 90 from my 60.
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking your life (and body) back! And thanks for the inspiration.
  • hopejaye75
    hopejaye75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Thank you for sharing - you motivate me to keep going, one day at a time
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!