30 Day Shred Group?

Options
Hello everyone! I have always been overweight/obese but somehow managed to lose about 50 pounds before my wedding in 2011 by jogging and eating less (not better, unfortunately). Since getting married, the weight has slowly been creeping back, especially since having my son last November. I'm back up to 240 lbs and I don't fit into any of my clothes - so discouraging! I want to lose at least 40 pounds by next August when we start trying for baby #2. I don't have the money for any special programs or a gym membership, so I thought I would start with the 30 Day Shred at home and see how that goes. I have the dvd, but I hear it's also available on YouTube. I really haven't worked out in over a year, so I'm fully aware that I'm going to be miserable for a bit while I get my endurance back up. Misery loves company - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Lbalyk
    Lbalyk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I thought the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred yesterday and plan on starting it tomorrow! Feel free to add me
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started on Labor Day. So far so good. I already feel things tightening up
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I just started (through youtube), like you I haven't done anything in a while and I had to take 2 days off after the first day, never known muscle soreness like it! I didn't let it stop me though, I did my 2nd day yesterday and still sore today, but no where near as bad! I'll probably skip today and then should be up for day 3 tomorrow. I'd like to do it daily, but it really is intense, I'm hoping it will get easier!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'll join too! I have a super busy time at the moment (moving house + family visiting + loads of overtime at work) so I need some commitment to do it! I've done it before for 2 weeks and then stopped so hopefully this time will be better!
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Loug1983 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me, I just started (through youtube), like you I haven't done anything in a while and I had to take 2 days off after the first day, never known muscle soreness like it! I didn't let it stop me though, I did my 2nd day yesterday and still sore today, but no where near as bad! I'll probably skip today and then should be up for day 3 tomorrow. I'd like to do it daily, but it really is intense, I'm hoping it will get easier!

I was pretty sore for the whole first week. Finally took a rest day and that helped a lot. Second week not so bad. I also do more cool down stretching than Jillian does though, otherwise my quads and calves are way too tight.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    FYI Leslie Sansone walking DVD (free on You Tube) are great too. She has a couple named Burn Body fat that includes hand weights. I love them low impact and a great burn. Enjoy.
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I was pretty sore for the whole first week. Finally took a rest day and that helped a lot. Second week not so bad. I also do more cool down stretching than Jillian does though, otherwise my quads and calves are way too tight.
    [/quote]

That's a great idea, don't know why I never thought to do more stretching, except maybe because I'm desperate for it to be over, lol!

I'll definitely give that a try!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok day 1 of level 1 done.....man that's tougher than I remember!!