Help with logging meals

Options
Hi guys. I'm Meghan and I'm trying to figure out the app. Regarding logging meals/calories/nutrients etc do we have to break it down ourselves or is there an assist with breaking down the nutrients. EX: if I ate yogurt/berries/granola... Do I have to read each item labels for the nutrient breakdown? If so its not gonna happen

Replies

• CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If it is a common item, you will likely find it in the database when you do a search. I always look for the green check, because that information is verified and will be most accurate. I also like to use the scanner feature on the bar code. This usually provides all the information directly to the app.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    mcmeghan66 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm Meghan and I'm trying to figure out the app. Regarding logging meals/calories/nutrients etc do we have to break it down ourselves or is there an assist with breaking down the nutrients. EX: if I ate yogurt/berries/granola... Do I have to read each item labels for the nutrient breakdown? If so its not gonna happen

Use the search functionality. Chances are its already been entered. Just make sure you find an accurate entry.
  • ClassyCryssy
    ClassyCryssy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can use your phone to scan anything w/a bar code. Anything outside of that just estimate your serving size and enter the food.
  • glitterr0cks
    glitterr0cks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can use your phone to scan anything w/a bar code. Anything outside of that just estimate your serving size and enter the food.

What app is that? and is it supported by android phones ((if you know)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1. Search for the yogurt you ate
    2. Verify that the nutritional information of the entry is correct (it often isn't)
    3. Log the amount you ate
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 for the berries and granola
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options

What app is that? and is it supported by android phones ((if you know)

The app is available on the google play store for android. I like the pie chart under nutrition as it gives a visual of your intake for the day. The pie chart is only available on the app.
  • mcmeghan66
    mcmeghan66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Warmest regards!
  • mcmeghan66
    mcmeghan66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its more accurate to weigh and log each item as one thing instead of searching for "fruit and yogurt parfait" and logging it as a whole.

That being said, you are only going to get the results from this site based on the amount of effort you put into it, so if you go into this with an attitude of "not gonna happen" then you will only get partial results.. you might lose a few pounds logging things as guesses but when it stalls and you get stuck, the only thing you can do is be more accurate.

Well fortunately I'm not trying to lose weight and I eat a healthy diet so I'm super ok with "it's not gonna happen"