Why eating breakfast is good. not to mention lunch and dinne

Options
So sometimes people like to skip breakfast or skip certain meals like lunch or dinner or skip them all together. This isn't good for you and your metabolism slows down and you don't lose weight. Doctors can explain that process better than I can but I can explain it in a way that makes some sense. to me anyhow.

eating is like building a fire.
breakast is your starter log. this is what gets the fire started and going. a snack in between is good to snuff the fire a little because after time the wood in the fire burns down so it needs to get going again. a small snack is like adding some twigs.
lunch is like adding on another log or two to your fire. it gets the fire going strong again to burn longer.
have another snack after a while to get the fire up a little
Dinner. Same as the others but this time it's like adding 2 or three more logs to your fire. now your fire is cooking and will burn through the night.

Now your back to the following day and you notice you have some embers in your fire. so you throw on a log to get the fire started again for the day.

So I hope that my analogy of why eating is good for you helps anyone else out there.

Replies

• JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    nice analogy! :smile:
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    Nicely done! I have to have big snacks through the day though. :)
  • jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    that so true i do that sometimes skip meals. and in long run it really doesnt have a good results.
  • Rebbekka
    Rebbekka Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Really good analogy. Thanks!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone who teaches this for a living, I think your analogy is beautiful. Incidentally, I know a lot of doctors and with no disrespect to the medical profession, most of them couldn't have explained it more clearly! :smile:
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Good post and analogy! I never was much of a breakfast eater, but now I don't miss it and feel wrong if I do. I don't make breakfast big, but enough to get me going and start the fire!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I love this!!