Weddings and Brides in 2016, 2017, & 2018

Options
SRockd
SRockd Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am Sheryl. I am recently engaged and I am looking to connect with anyone getting married this year, 2017 or 2018. I am getting married in 2018 and I want to start the process of losing weight again. It would be great to have accountability partners and people who are in the same boat or have been through this. Please add me as a friend. Thank you!

Replies

• kr381806
    kr381806 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Also recently engaged and need to get myself in gear before i get to where I want to be to try on dresses!
  • Eden_Goldie
    Eden_Goldie Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great to see other brides-to-be on here. I am engaged, obviously, but haven't set a date yet due to the fear of walking down the aisle looking like a bed sheet. Consudering next year but in no rush so plenty of time to hit those targets and maybe even enjoy a beach Holiday beforehand. I was slim when I met my partner but have piled on the pounds (and then some) very quickly so need to get my head in the game...and out of my plate! Good luck to you all, feel free to add me so we can share out journeys; both bridal and weight battle!
  • nataliedcronin
    nataliedcronin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is natalie and I am getting married in febuary I have lost one stone this year so far but really would like another stone off before the big day and tips or inspo would be much appreciated x
  • sara_b0702
    sara_b0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just re-joined... or re-started, I guess? on MFP and I'm recently engaged as well! 10/14/17 is our wedding date. Both FH and I are looking to lose weight - I'm hoping to lose 14 pounds. I really want to take this as a chance to start a new, healthier relationship with food and exercise so that by our wedding day, I've not only lost weight but had a change in lifestyle as well :)

My first dress appointment is October 1st!! :s FH and I challenged each other to do a 30-day reset type diet, so we'll see how I'm feeling by that date!

I'd love some new friends and some more support - the more accountability, the better!
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on 10-16-16. I don't want to lose weight just tone up as my dress already fits great.
  • borjaa4
    borjaa4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got married July 16 I wanted to lose weight to feel perfect for my wedding. I did manage to loose a couple of pounds, but not as many as I wanted to. Do not give up try all you can don't give in to unhealthy food. If you fall get back up. I'm starting all over I gain 8lb back. I will not give up this time, I'm doing it for my 3 beautiful kids and for myself I have a lot of self-esteem issues. I want to feel confident when I walk in a room and not hide anymore like I do. Good luck.
  • blgolden
    blgolden Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm Beth. My wedding date is set for 5/28/17 and I'm looking for some support on my weight loss journey! I've already got my dress, but I'm hoping to lose about 40lbs before the big day.
  • b2b2018
    b2b2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Mary. I got engaged in July and the date for the big day has been set for 12 July 2018 so I have some big motivation to kick my but into shape and loose some weight! Always struggled to loose weight in the last last 6 months I have managed to shift a stone on my own. Have joined MFP to hopefully improve on this as I have about a year to get to where I would be happy to go dress shopping! Totally new so any advise is very welcome :-)
  • JennMairi
    JennMairi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm getting married on 19th August 2017 and would love some friends to help me keep on track - ideally I'd like to drop a dress size before I go wedding dress shopping!