weight loss journal to record your feelings

Options
Im looking for a good place where I can also journal my feelings about food or whatever I need. I realize that part of my weight loss is about acknowledging my feelings as well as my food. Does anyone know of a place where we can also journal our emotions as well as our food? I use MFP for food but would like the other part as well. any suggestions?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    "Today's Food Notes" is not appropriate?
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    There may be apps or something similar out there, but there is a small section on your diary for food notes. Maybe you could use that?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I just use a simple Word document of my own format. Feelings, both emotional and physical are key to my health so I keep my food log and diary on a Word document. That way everything is in one place. If I put on few pounds or are feeling poorly I can look back and see both what I ate and how I was feeling. I'm sure there are better methods out there, but this is what I do.

When I first joined this site I tried to log my food here and use the notes section but it didn't work well for me.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You can get one of those small notebooks at pretty much any dollar store (composition book types). Actually writing it on paper is a different experience than typing for most people. Give that a try if you're really looking to "let it all out" so to speak.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MFP has a blog section where you can write this down
  • mrs_sjlarsen
    mrs_sjlarsen Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    tjrrkwu17gvi.png
    I'm a total Microsoft Excel geek. So I track all of my weight loss metrics in a spreadsheet (yes, with graphs :wink: ) and each day I weigh I have a "Notes" column to record how I'm feeling.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Under Check-In, I added an additional measurement that I labelled "Energy Level." I rank my perceived energy level for the day on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being low and 5 being very energetic. This allows me to plot my perceived energy level along with weight and other measurements that I added.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Check out the fitspiration journal - you can get it at Target or or at getfitbook.com - Amazon might have it too. Each day one side of the page has 3 things to be grateful for, your goal to live fit for the day, one thing you appreciate about your strong body and a rate your day for move, nourish and reflect. The other side of the page has a spot for just journaling whatever and then a box for this inspires me. Each day also has a fit tip and a motivational quote. Really good journal.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I use Penzu.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    There is a Motivation Journals group on MFP