Not so bad

Options
Day 2, had one glass of sweet tea with dinner, and stayed away from those ever so good twix bars, I'm not hungry and stayed almost 500 under my target, woohoo

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hit your target, don't eat under it. If you like chocolate, find a way to make it fit.
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I thought you were surpossed to eat under your target to lose more weight?
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Eating under stresses out your body if you do it consistently. Plus it's not sustainable. Remember that you aren't looking for a temporary change, but a long term trend.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Hit your calorie target. It already has a calorie deficit worked in to ensure that you lose weight at a healthy rate. Eating below that only makes things harder and is unsustainable in the long run.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Good job. One or two days won't hurt, but yea, your calorie goal is just that...a goal. The "goal" is to get as close to your goal as possible.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    If you used MFP's guided set up and chose weight loss as a goal then it already gave you a calorie deficit.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Day 2, had one glass of sweet tea with dinner, and stayed away from those ever so good twix bars, I'm not hungry and stayed almost 500 under my target, woohoo

Since you were so far over yesterday going so far under today isn't a bad thing. You don't want to be that far under your goal on a regular basis, though.

Eating too little on a consistent basis puts a lot of strain on your body. If your body thinks you're in a long-term starvation situation (it has no idea you aren't stranded on a desert island, after all) it will start stealing from your lean muscle mass to provide the energy you need. You want your weight loss to be mostly from fat, not muscle, so you don't want to get yourself into that situation. That's why MFP never recommends losing more than 1% of your body mass each week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sandysphat wrote: »
    I thought you were surpossed to eat under your target to lose more weight?

You can, but it isn't always a good idea (more muscle loss, possible lack of adequate nutrition which leads to health problems)