Does MFP automatically adjust calories?

Options
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I was wondering if MFP automatically adjusts calories down as you lose weight so you can maintain your desired weight-loss per week? Am I making sense? I was just figuring that as I lose weight my calorie needs will probably go down as well right? Do I have to re-enter my information to get an accurate calorie allowance or does it just happen automatically? TIA.

Replies

• ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It does every time you weigh in.
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    mine did, but you have to go in and change your weight in your settings and update your profile.
  • mom2sbbj
    mom2sbbj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I entered the weight that signaled 10lbs lost MPF asked me to update my goals. It adjusted my calories at that point. HTH.
  • amattern1974
    Options
    I sure hope so.
    I think it should but maybe email the manager of the program, the owner or whatever...
    that could be considered technical question i believe.
    let me know too:)
  • jhitguy
    jhitguy Posts: 8
    Options
    MFP will ask you every 10 pounds if you want to adjust your calorie goals.
  • HSmamato4
    HSmamato4 Posts: 70
    Options
    Very helpful-thank you!
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    It asked me at the 10 lb mark only.. I have been adjusting it myself every 5-10 lb because it hasn't prompted me again.
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    after i check in, i have to go over an update my goals setting. it has never changed automatically for me.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    At the top of your page is a link called HELP. It lists this response to your question:
    Q. I've lost some weight. Will MyFitnessPal automatically adjust my goals for me based on my new weight?

A. Every time you record your weight in our system, MyFitnessPal checks to see if you've lost 10 pounds since the last time your goals were calculated. If so, we'll ask you if you'd like to reset your goals based on your new weight.

I would note, though, that this doesn't always happen so you may want to go into MY HOME, GOALS, CHANGE GOALS, GUIDED...then just save it and see if it updates. For some reason mine hasn't always updated on its' own.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It never has for me... let me c heck into that! Thanks!