Exercises for a Saggy/negative bum problem

aliblain
aliblain Posts: 175 Member
edited August 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm not sure how to describe my shape but even when I'm skinny, my hips aren't much bigger than my waist. I'm a bit like a pole with boobs. I also have always had a non existent bum. And now I'm a bit older, it's a bit saggy. Hit me with exercises- I would love a bubble butt. Even just a tiny one.

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,723 Member
    edited August 2016
    Squats do wonders for what I affectionately refer to as a pancake butt.

Here's thread that might help.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10447083/ladies-best-booty-building-workout#latest
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Squats for the win.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,957 Member
    edited August 2016
    Squats, dead lifts, glute ham raises, lunges, etc. I suggest a progressive weight lifting regimen. Strong Curves by Brett Conteras is very popular on MFP and is designed for over all body fitness/strength with emphasis on the butt and legs!

I myself use Strong Lifts 5x5 and have noticed my butt is bigger/bubblier now. But not yet lifted. Still working on it.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Squats do wonders for what I affectionately refer to as a pancake butt.

Here's thread that might help.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10447083/ladies-best-booty-building-workout#latest

Excellent! Thank you. Pancake butt... I like that. My husband coined the term 'negative *kitten*' for me. I also get 'no bum blain'. It's not good.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    A few more :
    Weighted bridges
    Stiff legged deadlifts
    Cable kickbacks
    Hyperextensions
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I'll second Strong Curves. I've been at it for 8 weeks currently and am starting to see a small difference. It would probably be more noticeable but I'm taking it slow on adding weight to my lifts so I don't injure myself (im pretty new to lifting).
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Everyone says squats, but I found sumo deadlift and hip thrusts do way more for the booty than squats. Strong curves is probably the best program for you, but if you don't want to follow a program I'd suggest hitting up the squat rack and learning to love the deadlift (and also making sure you perfect the form)
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Sumo squat with a very big dumbell! Romanian deadlifts and Squats. :)
  • iManifestGoals
    iManifestGoals Posts: 40 Member
    Everything that everyone has suggested is on point. Correct form is key. You need a trainer to show you correct form if you've never worked with free weights. But in all honesty, it also comes down to genetics.

Lifting is better than cardio and super addictive!!!!
  • shesthetype
    shesthetype Posts: 45 Member
    I feel your pain! I've been squatting and deadlifting and doing heaps of Fitnessblender booty videos yet my butt refuses to lift. My entire body has toned up but my butt is being a lazy a**hole, pardon the pun lol