• sweetbug0130
    sweetbug0130 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    All of them. And everything I eat is healthy :D

Haha! Right! What's something you eat often? @kommodevaran
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    My homemade beef tacos and freshly fried corn tortillas.
  • sweetbug0130
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yum! I love corn Tortillas!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do I have to choose? :# Fruit? Really, I love the variety. I rotate my dinners so that I can get in lots of different meats, vegs and starches.

Ok, some examples: Salmon filet, brown basmati rice w/soy sauce, peas or green beans (having this tomorrow). Sunday dinners are usually lamb or beef - for instance t-bone steak, grilled corn on the cob, oven roasted parsnips w/olive oil, honey and sesame seeds. Cheese on toast (filled with onion and pickles and raw veg and a glass of milk on the side) - every other Saturday. Mondays have soup or casserole, either vegetable soup or risotto or chili or spaghetti, with leftovers for Wednesday. Tuesdays: Either chicken wings or thighs, or pork chop (or pulled pork, I just made that) and sweet potato mash, and vegetables (usually peas/beans). Fridays are open for anything, and I like to have stir-frys, bacon, pasta dishes, wraps, cod+potatoes+curry sauce+grated carrots.

Breakfast and lunch - either sandwich+milk, or porridge (oatmeal, semolina/cream of wheat, millet or polenta/grits) with butter, fruit and veg. Lunch can also have smoothie or hot cocoa as an addon.

Evening meal (which has been a pain to get in lately because I'm so full (first world problem)) is some combo of nuts/nut butter/cheese/smoothie/fruit and raw veg.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Whatever I crave at the time.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Probably chana masala w/naan at the moment. Ask me in a week, I'll probably have a different answer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Grilled NY strip steak medium rare with a sour cream and chive baked potato...some kind of sauteed veg...I'm kind of partial to zucchini and summer squash with steak.

But really, it just kind of depends...I love grilling burgers on the patio...I grill a lot of chicken wings too...sometimes I'm just in the mood for some shrimp...it just depends on my mood...variety is the spice of life.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yum! I love corn Tortillas!

Uh-uh. No way! Flour tortilla for life!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ^This. Currently, kale, some grain, some fruit, and Sandra's All Natural Chicken is my favorite meal to start off the day.

• sweetbug0130
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    ^This. Currently, kale, some grain, some fruit, and Sandra's All Natural Chicken is my favorite meal to start off the day.

I can't seem to find a way that I like kale.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love stirfry right now- esp. for supper- a combination of veggies with a little lean meat- yeah
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    breakfast! oats, protein oats, oat pancakes, with fruit, yoghurt, cinnamon... or bread eggs meaty stuff. Breakfast.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Vegan Tikka Masala atm. I'm still trying out new recipes, can't pick one right now.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Lebanese Mezze Platter!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Ribeye steak, grilled to medium rare and salted with kosher or sea salt. Sautéed mushrooms, maybe spinach sautéed in bacon fat but mostly just the steak.
  • luvablesweetpea
    luvablesweetpea Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Currently I am obsessed with Alaskan salmon burgers. Wheat bun, baked salmon patty (frozen ones available at Costco), veganaise, sriracha, lettuce, tomato and avocado. ITS JUICY AND DELICIOUS.
  • Branwynn
    Branwynn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cravings are odd, aren't they? Lately... jarred Italian tuna in olive oil (drained), a soft boiled egg yolk (the whites creep me out), an avocado, 2 olives. If I could wash it all down with a bag of Ruffles I'd feel better, but I skip those for now.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

I can't seem to find a way that I like kale.

I found this: Trinidadian Chicken Curry - one of my favorites and I'm making it again tomorrow - use kale instead of "collard greens" - you can also use spinach.

The thing is, that you don't have to eat anything you don't like. But tastebuds are naturally adventurous and will adapt to what you expose them to.