Energy balls

Options
Anybody make or buy energy balls ? If so do u feel they are good and would u recommend introducing them into my diet ? Thanks

Replies

• sweetbug0130
    sweetbug0130 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I make them using 3 bananas, 1 cup oats, and 6 dates. I blend together and roll up and bake for 30 minutes on 350. They are like cookies but give me so much energy and keep me full. They are amazing!
  • twinmummy383
    twinmummy383 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great thanks do u eat one a day ?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    They're yummy but sooooo many calories. I can't really fit them in my day.
  • twinmummy383
    twinmummy383 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh really ? I was wondering what they would be calorie wise :( bummer !
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Well just because I don't want to use the calories on them doesn't mean you can't. Figure out the calories for the ones you want to make and fit them in your day if you want. You likely also have a different calorie goal than me. That's the awesome thing - you can do what works for you to lose weight without any concern with what anyone else is doing.
  • uglycrying
    uglycrying Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started making these recently, using this recipe . I modify it to my own tastes. I leave out the coconut since I hate it, sub in more oats and put in some white chocolate chips along with chocolate. I also found I can get away with using less honey. I've tried them with peanut butter and almond butter so far, both tasty. Mine run around 105 cals per ball (I make about 20 servings).

They are really good! Kind of like raw cookie dough, which I love. TBH, I have questioned their place in my diet because they are so good and it's hard for me to stop at one or two. But I have a sweet tooth and so far these have stopped me from buying extra sweets. I like to have a few before a run or workout. I was interested in making these because some days I'd be hungry to the point where I'd want to skip my run and start dinner instead. I like that they are easy to modify and there are probably ways to bring down the calories or make them healthier. I may switch to dark chocolate chips eventually.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

They are called "energy balls" because they are generally a pretty concentrated source of energy - and in the context of food, that means calories, so they aren't going to be low cal.

However if you like them, eat them, just make sure they fit into your calorie goals for the day.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Looks good..
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I prefer energy cubes.

17.JPG
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I prefer energy cubes.

17.JPG

Are they low cal?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I prefer energy cubes.

17.JPG

Are they low cal?

They power giant 40 foot tall robots....so probably not.