Anyone out there?

Options
I need some motivation!! I joined Crossfit 8 weeks ago. I've put on some muscle. Want to lose weight but I get really discouraged when I step on the scale after ALL this hard work!! So I'm staying off the scale for a while. I started tracking my food intake last week. Sometimes I feel it's easier to give up though!! Ugh.

Replies

• jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You might be losing fat at this rate but not weight. I suggest measuring your thigh, chest, and waist at least to see the change if your weight isn't going much of anywhere.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You can still be burning fat, best thing to do is take regular progress photographs and measurements :smile:
  • Jazznit
    Jazznit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Dawn im one month in. Been going 4 days a week. I recently spoke with a friend who is a dietician and PT because i didnt notice any significant weight loss. She said that its great for getting people in the gym but often isnt enough to do alone for major weight loss. It will be great because you will be making muscle while you lose though, this is why its not a drastic loss.
    Her advice was to add low impact cardio walking (light jog), rowing, biking or swimming three to four days a week. Also invest in a good HRM to acurately measure your clorie burn. Finally, watch what you're eating. I was not eating after my workout and then id get hangry and overeat. So ive not started meal prepping. Also my calories were too low. 1200. Ive since upped it to 1400-1600 a day.
  • dreaming13000
    dreaming13000 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You must, must, must weigh and measure your food to lose weight!! I cannot stress this enough, it's 80% diet 20% exercise. With that being said, crossfit is a special beast. You will be doing METCON and weight training. This is hard to measure your calorie burn with a standard heart rate monitor. I started crossfit (I was already an athlete/weight lifter) 7 months ago. I wanted to lose the last 10 lbs again, so far I've lost 7.5 in 7 months with careful measurements and tracking. But my body has changed a lot! So take measurements. Take pictures. Weigh and measure your food! Watch your macros, protein etc. plus, 8 weeks really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.