Chocolate

Options
I love chocolate. It is even better on ice cream! And I don't want to live without it. So my question is do I try and cut back or stay off it a while and reintroduce it into my eating? Thoughts?

Replies

• manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat a bit of chocolate everyday! Try to look for dark chocolate and have a bit to snack
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Get the individually wrapped kind and splurge a little (Giradellis?) so you are less tempted to overindulge.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If you can moderate it then there is no need to cut it out. Just enjoy a bit when you can fit it in your calories.

^ This, exactly. Some people can enjoy treats like chocolate in moderation. For others, it will lead to binges. If you're able to enjoy it in moderation within the context of an overall balanced diet and fit it in your calories, go for it (I do!). If you can't control yourself and it's causing problems, probably best to cut it out.
  • sflisher
    sflisher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stick to dark chocolate and have at least 85% cacao. Personally I have 99% but thats my taste :) Cacao is good for you.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. It can be a trigger food for me, so I have to be very careful with it. I couldn't imagine not having it either, though, so I've learned how to moderate it when I really really want it. If you can do the same, then by all means, have some chocolate!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Both techniques work. Try each and see which one you can stick with. It's all about adherence, and if you can find a way to lose weight comfortably, then the chances if you sticking it out are higher.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder is a good alternative! Or chocolate covered nuts. I buy chocolate covered hazelnuts and 3 of them completely satisfy my craving.
  • haileighmethven
    haileighmethven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make the switch to dark. Not THAT much less in calories but it's definitely better for you than the dairy-filled milk chocolate. Endangered has some amazing flavors, like lavender and chili
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dove dark chocolates are delicious! With or without almonds! 5 pieces are 210 calories: I find the plain dark chocolates cut my sugar cravings a bit more :)
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Two squares of Lindt dark chocolate is 95 calories, and they're flavorful enough that that small amount is satisfying if I nibble them slowly. The intense orange flavor is my favorite bedtime snack
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    sflisher wrote: »
    Stick to dark chocolate and have at least 85% cacao. Personally I have 99% but thats my taste :) Cacao is good for you.

I get Bakers100% cacao and its bitter and i like it. I have a one section every once in a while
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Chocolate protein powder is a good alternative! Or chocolate covered nuts. I buy chocolate covered hazelnuts and 3 of them completely satisfy my craving.

Your post about the nuts reminded me of chocolate covered espresso beans, which I haven't had in awhile. Love those things!
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    Make the switch to dark. Not THAT much less in calories but it's definitely better for you than the dairy-filled milk chocolate. Endangered has some amazing flavors, like lavender and chili

While I prefer the bitterness of dark chocolate, there is nothing bad or wrong with dairy, either.
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too so I keep dark choc 85% and don't have a problem. But I brought home a box of triple chocolate cake that Weight Watchers makes and one night a few weeks later.... ate the whole box. I seem to do fine with the 85% dark choc, you just might have a period of trial and error if you're unsure.