Only 9 pounds lost, but I gotta start somewhere!

jubyak
jubyak Posts: 15 Member
It's been about 8.5 weeks since I restarted my weight-loss journey. I've been a yo-yo for as long as I can remember. When I was a bit younger, it was always easy to pack on some weight and then just as easily drop 30 pounds over a summer. Lately, I've found a new commitment within myself not just to lose the weight, but to become a better, healthier, happier version of myself, and one that I can sustain for the rest of my life. However, since I'm not strictly dieting, and I'm trying to make small, livable changes, the progress has been much slower than usual, which makes it easy to get frustrated and disappointed in myself. I'm posting this for a little pick-me-up and motivation. Even though I'm losing weight much slower than I have in the past, I know that ultimately this will be easier to stick with than a crash diet, right? At least that's my hope...

9jp5mkq7cdyt.jpg
svhjf0go7ge8.jpg
43v9k3pgwq5j.jpg

Replies

• fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    I see major progress and 9lbs is nothing to scoff at. You totally look like a healthier and happier version of yourself already. Congrats!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    it is very noticeable.. nine pounds.. wow..! that's a great start. Aren't you glad you took the pictures..because most people would not be able to see the difference if they just read the scale.
  • shawnele
    shawnele Posts: 58 Member
    Awesome! You can really see the difference!
  • vjsullivan12
    vjsullivan12 Posts: 2 Member
    9 pounds is awesome! I'm trying to reach my first 5. I have 100 to lose and I'm so worried that I can't do it. I'll feel better when I'm at nine! Congrats!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    The difference is very noticeable! Great job!
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    You've already done a great job so you'll certainly breeze through the rest. Good luck!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    If you can live with what you are doing, and never "go off" the plan, then you can surely succeed at losing whatever amount you want to.

9 pounds in 8.5 weeks is fabulous. Keep it up!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    You are doing great and I can see a big difference!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Looking good-you can see the difference!! Congrats!!
  • jubyak
    jubyak Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for the motivation everyone! I'm now down 10 pounds and feeling pretty proud. My pants certainly fit better. I've got approximately 40 pounds left to go according to my in-body scan, but I'm 20% closer than when I started!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!