Where do these whacky macro numbers come from?

Options
I've been using the app a little over a week and kept feeling like I couldn't hit my protein goal at all, much less without going way over the fat goal. I was only looking at the bar graph not the actual numbers they are using. When I looked at the numbers, I realized that they were crazy high for protein, unreasonably high for carbs, and normal for fat.
How are these numbers generated? How do I get them to normal?

Replies

• boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    protein mixes are an easy way to help hit that goal. i have 1-2 a day, love my smoothies,
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    We are a smart communtiy, but we aren't psychics :# What numbers are we talking about here? What's your calorie goal, and what are your protein, fat and carb goals set to?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    did you change them? When they are initially set up they are based of the USDA's recommendation and -in my opinion- are actually really low for protein.

go to home-> goals -> diary settings
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    did you change them? When they are initially set up they are based of the USDA's recommendation and -in my opinion- are actually really low for protein.

I suspect they are adding back exercise calories which will affect total numbers and macros.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I suspect they are adding back exercise calories which will affect total numbers and macros.

oh yeah, i forgot that happens. :open_mouth:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You cannot, mathematically, have high protein, high carbs, and normal fat. If one is high, then something else has to be low. Maybe you could share the actual numbers? Are the numbers your intake or mfp recommendations?