Feeling down today

Options
MelMoly
MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
Today I was excited, ready to buy new pants because my size 16 capris were falling off and my 14s were a little big. I went to the mall No store I mean NO store had size 14. Finally I went into a store that i go to often... I tried on the size 12 hoping they would fit...they did not...so I tried on 14 did they fit NO, so I tried on 16 and they were to small!!! I ended up having to buy a size 18 capri that's the size I started at last year!!!! so I got home and immediately got on the scale to show that yes yes I still have lost 30lbs and yes I have...but it still made me cry in the dressing room...guess I will just wear my too big 14 and suck it up that I just had to buy an 18 :grumble:

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It was prolly just the brand of capri you tried on. Different brands fit differently. Also your body is changing, 30lbs down is a huge accomplishment. Keep your head up :) you are doing GREAT!
  • Jodi_O
    Jodi_O Posts: 32
    Options
    Don't be upset. Sizes vary between manufacturers. One company's size 14 will be another company's size 12.
  • robynya
    robynya Posts: 10
    Options
    Maybe they were a different brand and run really really small!!!!!! That happens to me too, when I am a certain size in one brand and then 2 sizes larger in another brand. Or... I can't wear certain clothes from last summer.. because the fat shifted to a new home on my body..
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try comparing the old pants with your new ones - I bet you will find that they are actually way smaller. It really annoys me that there is no real standard to sizing and that all shops seem to do their own thing!!! You have done fabulously losing 30lbs. Cut the label out of the new pants - the size is only a number!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    No, no! That happened to me. Some stores have sizes that either run to big or to small depending on the style and brand and all that craziness. Don't feel bad. Don't let a stupid number defeat you or make you feel this way. You should be proud of yourself. 30 Pounds is an amazing accomplishment. Go to another store. You'll see you're probably a different size there too. :flowerforyou:
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Don't let that get you down. Although the number is so frustrating... I could say the same thing about women's clothing in general! No store, or brand for that matter, are consistent when it comes to clothing sizes. Sometimes I just wish they would categorize them like the men's department... by inseam and length. Wouldn't that be so much easier????! Anyway, if you were to visit another store, I'm positive that they would have smaller sizes that would also fit you. It happens to all of us, no matter our size. Keep up the great work! Losing 30 pounds is phenomenal!!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Different stores size differently don't they?

I've got a pair of 36 shorts that are getting loose on me, and another pair of 36 shorts that are still tight.
  • steffaleffa
    Options
    No need to get yourself down! I find that even in the same store, different fits and different washes fit differently. I work at American Eagle Outiftters and I find that some darker washes are soooo tight ALL THE TIME. It's so annoying, but you've made a big change and just think, your other size 16s were too big! Don't be down :) Smile, you're doing great.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, you are doing great. Remember that some brands of clothing will run small or large, so the one that you tried on and it didn't fit had to run small. Keep up the good work.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Different stores size differently don't they?

I've got a pair of 36 shorts that are getting loose on me, and another pair of 36 shorts that are still tight.

It's good to hear that guys go through this same darned thing (or is it BAD??? Can't the fashion folks get this stuff right??)

And don't get discouraged. We've ALL cried in the dressing room (or at home afterward). It sucks, but you're still who you were when you left the house, and you're STILL down 30 lbs, which is nothing to take for granted!!
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are being too hard on you !!!!! Forget sizes, every company and store size can vary for the same "number". Check the maker of the pants that fit and no doubt you will find the ones you tried do not come from that name/maker. Keep up with what you are doing and you will be successful. My closet has size 12 pants that fit better than my size 14 and all of them have elastic waist bands which probably means I wouldn't be fitting a different style in the same size numbers. Good luck, stay focused, FG
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    thanks guys I had a full out break down in the mall!!! it was just silly, I know that now. I'm just upset it was in front of my 3 year old, I acted like a child crying no bawling and sobbing, for ultimately no reason then for every reason I could think of and I couldn't stop... I guess i have been keeping a lot in and I just caved...more like crashed. But I picked my head up and walked out of there, bought the pants that fit, when to the shoe store got a new pair of sandals and drove home...
  • Amelda66
    Amelda66 Posts: 12
    Options
    You know what? It's not the size on the tag of the clothes that matters, it's how you feel about your size and the achievements you've made and will continue to make that really matter. Forget the numbers on the tags and feel good knowing how hard you've been working and how much you've lost
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I've even gotten multiples of the same brand/cut, just in different colors and had one that I couldn't button and one that was nearly falling off. Ignore the sizes. 30# is still 30# - you're doing great! :happy: