Trying to get my body back!

Options
Hi I have been a stay at home mom and have gained more weight then I would like to admit so I am starting to count my calories and try to start an at home workout. Anyone have ideas on an at home workout that will help me lose weight? I am doing yoga and walking right now but the weight is not dropping as fast as I would like.

Replies

• samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about fitness blender on you tube and have done a couple of the videos myself. Good luck with your weightloss. If you do want someone else's advice - don't count on losing x amount by x time. This always backfires on me!
  • frumpnomore69
    frumpnomore69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck. Don't rely on the number on the scales. Take measurements and photos every couple of weeks. Sometimes the scales don't move much but the inches do!. Gaining weight is easy that why we can do it so well. Enjoy healthy foods and try to think about what you want to feed, by that I mean do you eat to feed your muscles, fuel your body or feed the fat? Sounds a bit daft but it works for me. Biscuits keep my fat happy so I don't eat them! :smile:
  • hughesskye1
    hughesskye1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words. I never thought about what I was eating as anything other than filling my stomach but thinking about what I'm eating and how that food can help my body is a good way to help me eat right. Do you know of the best foods for your body?
  • katebuck64
    katebuck64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started a low carb diet in May. It really worked. I lost 15 pounds in three weeks. My doctor supervised me, and you only do it for 3 weeks. I've kept the weight off and today I start losing the last 15 pounds. My advise, watch the carbs and drink, drink, drink water!!! Good luck!!!
  • hughesskye1
    hughesskye1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Carbs are hard for me because I love bread and noodles. I have been limiting those things but it is one of my downfalls. Thank you for your advice.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Stick to your calorie count as close as possible without slip ups and the scale will reward you.

As for workouts, I am really happy with both Focus T25 and Insanity but I've heard good things about most of the other Beachbody series too.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit will lose the weight, exercise will make you fit and both will work well together. If you can try to go from walking to some running with something like couch 2 5K.
  • gamespriteicon
    gamespriteicon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    At home youtube workouts, see below, these workouts are to gain strength combined with cardio, weight loss may not happen right away but you will see your strength increase. One of the limits of home work out is your limited to the weights you have, at the gym you can challenge yourself with higher weights because they have many available. You can do it! Good luck!

- IdealFit (checkout playlist "Fit Mommy Trainer 15 Day Challenge" [30 min each] or "Trainer Lindsey's 15 Day Fit Body Challenge " [max 20 min] ... should add warmup and cool-down from mommy workout)
    - Millionaire Hoy (checkout playlist "30 Day Beginners Home Workout Challenge for Weight Loss")
    - FitnessBlender
    - POPSUGAR Fitness