Trying to gain weight!

Options
I need some friends to help me gain some weight or just friends in general add me!!!

Replies

• lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm on a weight gain journey also! Good to know I'm not the only one!
  • jazlynnviolet
    jazlynnviolet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know right! How awesome stay in touch!
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to gain weight! :) good luck
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am a strength and conditioning coach with s little insight on the subject and would love to help you.
  • Kieranova1994
    Kieranova1994 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight, but best of luck x
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome. Make sure to read:http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300326/most-helpful-posts-goal-gaining-weight-must-reads#latest

These are good starting points for many newcomers
  • jazlynnviolet
    Options
    Awesome thanks everyone!
  • eegarner
    eegarner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying to gain some healthy weight too. The struggle is real! Good luck everyone!
  • glennroperii
    glennroperii Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes real indeed....trying to eat good healthy calories is the hardest for me. Thanks God for PBJ sandwiches. Good luck y'all
  • nichollelovexo
    nichollelovexo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also trying to gain some healthy weight! Would love to hear all of you guys progress! :) Good luck!
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Eat good clean food. Even though you are bulking and should have a calorie surplus, avoid greasy and sugary addings.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    reedj64 wrote: »
    Eat good clean food. Even though you are bulking and should have a calorie surplus, avoid greasy and sugary addings.
    Not always optimal. Especially for a young male looking to put on weight. If their intake is 4,000 calories to accommodate their TDEE along with a surplus, that's a lot of "clean" food to eat throughout the day. And feeling full all the time is pretty uncomfortable and even more when you want to train.
    At lower calories (2000-3000), it's easier to do, but it's NOT necessary to add desired weight without having to eat "clean" food (which is lower in calories) all the time and feel full or bloated.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Actually, You can still eat good clean food and gain weight optimally. I am on a whole foods elimination diet, and while I lost more weight initially to get rid of the bad stuff in my body, I started gaining weight. I am low carb due to digestive issues (maybe .5 a serving a day of something like sweet potato), but I eat low starchy vegetables like carrots, winter squash, pumpkin, beets in combo in leafy greens. High fats like avocados, good oils, seafood, meats and offal, whole fat dairy, nut butters, and dried fruit are also good foods to gain weight. An easy meal that could count as almost your calories can consist of meatloaf/meatballs with hidden vegetables, with a side of steamed veggies, and a serving of a starchy vegetable. That along with building muscle can go a long way.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    Actually, You can still eat good clean food and gain weight optimally. I am on a whole foods elimination diet, and while I lost more weight initially to get rid of the bad stuff in my body, I started gaining weight. I am low carb due to digestive issues (maybe .5 a serving a day of something like sweet potato), but I eat low starchy vegetables like carrots, winter squash, pumpkin, beets in combo in leafy greens. High fats like avocados, good oils, seafood, meats and offal, whole fat dairy, nut butters, and dried fruit are also good foods to gain weight. An easy meal that could count as almost your calories can consist of meatloaf/meatballs with hidden vegetables, with a side of steamed veggies, and a serving of a starchy vegetable. That along with building muscle can go a long way.
    So what's your TDEE?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• BobbyBooSh4y
    BobbyBooSh4y Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Not always optimal. Especially for a young male looking to put on weight. If their intake is 4,000 calories to accommodate their TDEE along with a surplus, that's a lot of "clean" food to eat throughout the day. And feeling full all the time is pretty uncomfortable and even more when you want to train.
    At lower calories (2000-3000), it's easier to do, but it's NOT necessary to add desired weight without having to eat "clean" food (which is lower in calories) all the time and feel full or bloated.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

THANK YOU LORD... this repped so much. My maintainence before was around 6500 calories, omg you need to eat clean food all day to get bigger... yeah right, do you know how hard it is to fill your calories with "clean food" lol Not saying eat junk all day.

OP IF you need help message and friend me, I was very very skinny before and added some very good quality over the years.. at 19 I was 100lbs then climbed up pretty far even with my low t...
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

THANK YOU LORD... this repped so much. My maintainence before was around 6500 calories, omg you need to eat clean food all day to get bigger... yeah right, do you know how hard it is to fill your calories with "clean food" lol Not saying eat junk all day.

OP IF you need help message and friend me, I was very very skinny before and added some very good quality over the years.. at 19 I was 100lbs then climbed up pretty far even with my low t...
    At 18 I was 126llbs. I started training hard but not gaining weight till a body builder friend of mine showed me how to eat. And I was eating "clean" and junk food EVERYDAY. In a few months I was 30lbs heavier and muscular as hell. I was taking in 4000-4500 calories a day.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • BobbyBooSh4y
    BobbyBooSh4y Posts: 15 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

At 18 I was 126llbs. I started training hard but not gaining weight till a body builder friend of mine showed me how to eat. And I was eating "clean" and junk food EVERYDAY. In a few months I was 30lbs heavier and muscular as hell. I was taking in 4000-4500 calories a day.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

wow man awesome work!
  • jazlynnviolet
    Options
    Thanks everyone this helps a lot!