200 days in - progress report :)

Options
I started this adventure 200 days ago today, so I took a few moments this morning to think about what all has happened during this time.

When I first started using MFP (and discovered the message boards) I read through so many of the posts in here looking for motivation and confirmation that I could do this. As a result, I've been wanting to post something in here myself, and I decided that this would be a fine time to do so - even though I still have a ways to go :)

So here goes.... In the last 200 days, I've:

• Lost 61 lbs
• Gone from not being able to run a minute without wanting to die (no real hyperbole here - it was awful) to running a 5k distance (in fact I did my first virtual 5k run this morning *bling*!)
• Move from the plus size to just about the "regular" size department (still in between in a few things - but I'm counting it)
• Did a strenuous hike called The Incline (1 mile, 41% avg grade, 2000' elevation gain, 2744 "steps" (railroad ties))
• Received a high-five from my doctor at my last check up
• Donated a ton of now too big clothes to charity

I still have a ways to go (about 40 lbs or so) but I feel SO MUCH BETTER.

I am not a special snowflake. I eat within my calorie allotment, I eat back a portion of my exercise calories. I don't work out all the time, but try to a few times a week at least. When MFP readjusted and had me down in the 1300 range to lose, I decided I am more comfy in the 1400 range, so I changed the rate I used and would rather be patient than miserable.

I still eat pizza, chocolate, drink Diet Coke, have wine, etc.. but I log, weigh, and measure everything. I've held myself accountable even when I decided to go above my daily allotment. When I have questions, I search in here and usually find some great advice.

This community has been an amazing source of information - and entertainment. There are so many encouraging people here, and so many knowledgable ones. Sure, there are some trolls, but meh... Overall, this is a great place and I attribute a portion of my success so far to joining this site and the app - as buggy and inaccurate as it is. lol

So, here is to the next 200 days and the next phase of my adventure.

Cheers!

SGB

Replies

• WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement and great post! I am on a similar journey- keep it up!
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hiking the Incline! I want to but I am struggling with my knees. Maybe by the time I get 20 lbs off I'll be able to do it. 200 days and 60 pounds is amazing!
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Way to go!
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    beckty wrote: »
    Congrats on hiking the Incline! I want to but I am struggling with my knees. Maybe by the time I get 20 lbs off I'll be able to do it. 200 days and 60 pounds is amazing!

I took it slow, used hiking poles, and rested when needed. It's a beast! :)

Thanks @WindyCityGal160 @beckty and @austinsneeze :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    SO, all you guys doing the Incline, we are neighbors! Hi :)
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    Colorado represent!
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi neighbors! Love our city! ... I think I need some hiking poles. There are so many more hikes I want to do around here and I think those would help.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    congrats
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey Sparkly
    You are dong great from your stats. You keep up your great work and you'll reach your goal. I'm still trying to run for 2 minutes. Thanks for your amazing story it was great reading it.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    bigguyreed wrote: »
    Hey Sparkly
    You are dong great from your stats. You keep up your great work and you'll reach your goal. I'm still trying to run for 2 minutes. Thanks for your amazing story it was great reading it.

You've got this, bigguyreed! Have faith in yourself. Take it slow and you'll get there. :)
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thats Amazing congrats on 200 days to a better life and to the next 200 and the next.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You're a true inspiration! You've done an AMAZING job and have come so far, you should be really proud of yourself! So happy to have you as a friend on here, you're a great roll model!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    Aww thanks, @jc1229, glad to have you as a friend on here as well. Your encouragement is wonderful.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    great tips in that post.. thanks! Congrats on the 200 days and 61 pounds..that is wonderful. Keep up the work and can't wait for your future posts.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    Thanks, @elisa123gal :) I plan to keep plugging along and finding new goals and achievements.
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    How fun to write your own success story! I can't wait to write mine. You have inspired me to keep on keeping on.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    How fun to write your own success story! I can't wait to write mine. You have inspired me to keep on keeping on.

I love that!! Can't wait to read it
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!