P90x and not losing weight.. frustrated!!!

Options
Any P90xers out there not losing weight?? I have been doing this for 6 weeks now.. lost 3lbs.. ugh!!!! I stay at about 1200 - 1400 calories a day.. so what gives????? Need some advice and help.. Please...

Replies

• snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem :( sucks just wanted you to know your not the only one
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Are your clothes fitting looser?

Try getting a body fat scale instead of just using one showing weight. Your body composition changes drastically during P90X
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. If you're only eating 1,200-1,400 calories a day then you're not following the program. It's the P90X program, not the Robyn program. Try to increase your calories per day, especially and the cardio days. Did you receive the nutrition book with the program?
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    As olag said, if you are doing that kind of heavy exercise, weight is a poor way to measure your success. You will be building muscle to counter the loss of fat.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    There's a good chance you need to eat more. P90X is a very, very intense routine and you need to fuel your body enough to handle that routine. Intense excessive exercise is stressful to the body. It needs proper nourishment to be able to handle that stress. I would go with 1800 calories - the minimum that Tony recommends.

Depending on how intense and heavy your lifting is there should be some lean muscle mass increase. This can counteract the loss scale-wise. Go by how you look and how your clothes fit.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Any P90xers out there not losing weight?? I have been doing this for 6 weeks now.. lost 3lbs.. ugh!!!! I stay at about 1200 - 1400 calories a day.. so what gives????? Need some advice and help.. Please...

First question are your measurements different? Are you following the meal plan? I do P90X and actually had to up my calories to only the 1500-1600 range just to have the energy to do the workouts and still run. It suggested I take in 1800 daily. Maybe give that a shot?
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 3 weeks and haven't seen any weight loss but I have seen my arm muscles starting to get more toned and defined. I have not been eating well at all lately which I know has to change so I think thats where my no weight loss is happening.

Maybe you are eating to few calories. The book says you should burn around 600 calories a workout ( I don't think I do) but maybe you are burning more than you think and aren't eating enought calories back!!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You might want to up your calorie intake and see if that works. Also you scale my not show a difference but your measurements might show the difference. I just started P90X and became an Independent Team Beachbody Coach so if you have any questions feel free to contact me.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yep, but I'm not complaining too much. I can feel the difference even if the scale is not agreeing.

Did you take measurements?
    Have you written down you reps and weights used in your exercises? You should have increased reps and weight used.
    Can you complete the cardio exercises stronger than 6 weeks prior?

Also what others have said, you haven't eat enough.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Similar boat with the ChaLean Extreme program. I'm on my 12th week and haven't seen a significant weight loss. Not much in inches either - but I can see a LOT more definition and some things have firmed up a lot and aren't quite as jiggly (as my best friend described it...lol). Clothes do fit better and even got to buy XL tops instead of XXL.

A lot of people say it's also in what you eat, but I got frustrated there. I followed a meal plan that previously helped me drop almost 20 lbs. I thought for sure following that AND working out would fire this whole process up. Not so much.

Don't give up, I think this whole process has done a lot to teach me about patience and dedication. I figure it may not happen in the program window, but as long as I keep going SOMETHING is gonna change!
  • Kimber1012001
    Kimber1012001 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    as many have said, the problem prolly lies on the food/nutrition side of things...i find it always does :( u might be eating 1400 calories but make sure they are good ones, protein, good carbs and some fat!

- grab that water bottle and keep guzzling, dehydration makes the body hold onto water weight, see if increasing ure water intake helps you..

- i noticed you are only aiming to lose 15lbs, i am assuming that this is because ure close to an healthy weight for ure height or it's cause ur already there and just want to firm up a bit more.... welcome to the 'Sucky 15' club as I like to call it ;)
    Once you're in a smaller weight bracket, the calories u expend doing nething is a lot less than if you were eg. 200lbs looking to lose... it takes THAT much more effort to expend the same amt of calories.

-i don't know how p90x works but if it's making u still do the same exercises at 6 wks, it's time to change the exercise, be it by increasing the amt of weight u pump, adding reps, adding sets, hand position etc, our bodies are typically due at 6 wks for a plateau if u don't mix it up..!

- invest in an HRM if u don't have one already and make sure ure HR hits 75% of ure max HR at various pts during a cardio workout, feel the extra burn! ;)

- i hope this is some useful feedback, try em out and see what works for u to get the body sizzling!

- feel free to add me (or neone for that matter) if u care to do so, i stay motivated by everyone here on MFP! :)
  • robynya
    robynya Posts: 10
    Options
    Do you like Chalean extreme? I was thinking of buying that too.. not sure.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options

Yes, I really have enjoyed the program a lot. P90X kinda scared the bejeezus out of me. This is very similar from everything I've read, but shorter workouts (30-45 minutes depending on the routine). I hadn't really done much work with weights since college and this really got me back into it. I forgot how much I enjoyed the feeling. It's not as hard core as P90X, but I sweat like a dude in every single workout...LOL
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I loved ChaLEAN Extreme. I still use it from time to time. She believes in using heavy weights and low reps. I highly recommend it.
  • daddoculbreath
    Options
    Hi, I had the same thing going on a month into P90x. My scale wasn't moving much,
    but I could tell fat was leaving in favor of muscle and tone. I went down in clothes sizes too.
    Stick with it, no matter what. You'll see more changes once you move to "Phase 2".