I'm going to do something hitherto unheard of before today..

Options
I"m going to do something hitherto unheard of before today. I'm going to exercise twice. Perhaps thrice. I've already burned 400 on the e-trainer this morning and I'm going to do it again after work. Then I might go for a walk tonight. Before you applaud, here's the reason: I just ate chinese food. OMG did I eat chinese food. About 2000 calories worth. I can hardly freakin' breathe. What used to be a typical lunch is just not sitting well after 2 months of dieting. Duh. I do not want those calories haunting me over the weekend. They're going today. The salt will probably kill my weight loss anyway, but I will go to bed tonight knowing I burnt the majority of those calories off. :drinker:

Hollycat
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to suck it up and work it off!!! I'm so scared to eat Chinese food because I'm afraid I won't have the will power to stop myself, or the drive to work it off afterwards!! You are inspiring.....no go get moving!! :-)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    good luck with your burning off the calories... isn't it crazy how just a few weeks or months changes how much of that ... other food you can or can't eat
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! Drink lots of water to work out that sodium. have agreat weekend.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I still do this once every month or two only because I LOVE Chinese. Drink lots of water to flush the sodium, if you're like me you'll swell up like a balloon lol
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Drink water, more water, and when you are full, drink more water. lol, It will help flush all that sodium out and you won't have to worry about the gain from excess water.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! seriously. even if its to make up for a little cheating, so what. thats more than most people can say! you motivated yourself to make up for it and you're doing it. you go girllll lol
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :wink: hahahaha.... well, looks like you are psychologically prepared and like you have a plan.... so... (shrug).... enjoy your weekend.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    WTG! Drink your water and also green tea will help you get all of the sodium out.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! we have times like this and the calories for Chinese food really add up. If you are concerned about the salt ( i bloat just looking at salt), I found that Vitamin B and Potassium help with bloat. This may help flush it out of your system. I am not a DR or anything in the medical field, i have been researching water weight because I retain easily.

On another note, I think it is great that you are combatting the calories with more excercise!! We all slip, and one after two months is not bad at all. What is important is how we deal with the slips and keep on going.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Do the planned exercise, followed by 1 gallon water each time and you'll feel better. Oh yeah, you will get more exercise running to the bathroom to lose the liquids all night long too :tongue:
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I"m going to do something hitherto unheard of before today. I'm going to exercise twice. Perhaps thrice. I've already burned 400 on the e-trainer this morning and I'm going to do it again after work. Then I might go for a walk tonight. Before you applaud, here's the reason: I just ate chinese food. OMG did I eat chinese food. About 2000 calories worth. I can hardly freakin' breathe. What used to be a typical lunch is just not sitting well after 2 months of dieting. Duh. I do not want those calories haunting me over the weekend. They're going today. The salt will probably kill my weight loss anyway, but I will go to bed tonight knowing I burnt the majority of those calories off. :drinker:

Hollycat

Important question:

What did you have?
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    waterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwaterwater
    waterwaterwaterwaterwater...I'd fast until late afternoon as well. Get that sodium out of your system. waterwaterwaterwaterwater
    water...
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Good plan.

I'm the same way, but with sushi ... just can't stop!
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    OMG do I miss the China Wok Buffet.... it's going to be tough and not sure how I'm going to react either. I guess stay away from all the batter fried stuff. Take the brown rice and try to stick to the vegetables and fish.
  • allenlisa
    allenlisa Posts: 96
    Options
    What's wrong with treating yourself every once and awhile! Enjoy it! Drink some water and go back to your regular diet tomorrow! Don't kill yourself over it. Way to stay strong tho!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Important question:

What did you have?

I asked for that. Black bean chicken on fried rice. My fave. I didn't eat all of it, but I sure ate enough. I'm drinking water like crazy already because the salt has made me thirsty. It's been an hour and I've had 3 glasses already...OGAWD. :tongue:

Oh yeah. And in case you don't feel sorry for me yet, I have a cold. :sick:

Wah Wah Wah

Hollycat
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm just shocked you think you're going to be able to exercise after eating chinese food without throwing up! I doubt i could!
  • Hollycat
    Options
    I'm just shocked you think you're going to be able to exercise after eating chinese food without throwing up! I doubt i could!

It'll be 4 or 5 hours later...I'll be fine. Gulp!

Hollycat
  • Hollycat
    Options
    I did it. Another 25 minutes on the e-trainer, more planned for tomorrow and now I'm sucking back the water. Don't I feel virtuous! Thanks for all the support everyone!

Hollycat