Pre and Post workout Help

Options
Hey Guy!
I am bit confused about my pre and post workout intake. I am using Nitro Tech as whey suppliment and its great. However recently i got confused whether to use it before my work out or after? I was taking 1 scoop before and it was working for me and i was taking choclate milk after for recovery..but recently ive came to know tht body needs more protein support aftet the workout for better recovery so i got confused and started taking choclate milk before workout and Protein supp after for the past 3 days...I am not sure how this goin to work so any help regarding this would be appreciated:)...thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Total intake is more important than timing, but if you do time nutrients, 2 hours before or after would be sufficient.
  • Talatraja
    Talatraja Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Total intake is more important than timing, but if you do time nutrients, 2 hours before or after would be sufficient.

Everything else is under control...May b i got confused becuz of over research:p...i m taking 2 scoops one after the workout and the other one is part of my snack meal .... It boosted my strngth and stamona when i was taking it before workout becuz of creatine i guess... i m not sure i m goin to have same kind of energy when not taking it before..will try tht for a week or so
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The creatine is more likely to help your strength than protein will. But if you are supplementing with protein powders that much, I would look to modify your diet.
  • Jdt1986
    Jdt1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The chocolate milk is good post workout because of the sugar content. We get so depleted in our workouts that we need that sugar rush to help muscle repair and nutrient transportation.
  • Talatraja
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jdt1986 wrote: »
    The chocolate milk is good post workout because of the sugar content. We get so depleted in our workouts that we need that sugar rush to help muscle repair and nutrient transportation.

Yeah ive been taking it post workout and it worked out quite well...but now as ive started Nitro tech after the workout so i m not sure what to do with choclate milk!lol
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Mix the Nitro-Tech into the chocolate milk post-workout.
  • Talatraja
    Options
    Mix the Nitro-Tech into the chocolate milk post-workout.

Thanks man! Ive been thinking about it.. what should i do for pre-workout??
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I currently use Myogenix Hyper-Shock Rage 30 minutes pre-workout. And for intra-workout, I sip on BPI Best BCAA mixed with BPI Best Creatine between sets.