Low calorie, easy meals!

Options
Hello everyone!

So I am not a great cook, but I am looking for some low calorie, easy meals that come to about 400 calories. What do you guys like? Any suggestions??

Have a wonderful day!

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    a donut
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    SaritaWolf wrote: »
    So I am not a great cook, but I am looking for some low calorie, easy meals that come to about 400 calories. What do you guys like?

You can have tasty and easy, but not low calorie. You can have easy and low calorie, but it won't be tasty. You can have low calorie and tasty, but - no, it's not going to happen. Pick one of the first two pairs :D

What I like, is so strange that you'll probably find it disgusting. What I suggest instead:

Look at your whole day's calorie allowance. Decide when you want to eat and what you want to eat. Find recipes if necessary, and make/cook those meals. Portion out amounts so that you hit your total calorie allowance.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    What do you consider easy? Do you have a crockpot? I make a lot of soups, stews, and roasted meats in the crockpot. Add veggies to the meat and done. Stir-fry's can be fairly easy, as well as quick and cheap. I don't have the link but Google Nerd Fitness' stir-fry. He gives pretty detailed instructions.
  • sara_b0702
    sara_b0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I shop at Giant - they sell pre-spiralized zucchini and butternut squash. Toss a pack of that in a pan with a little olive oil for 4-6 minutes and then add in some pre-jarred sauce and any other vegetables you want. I like pairing it with an arrabbiata sauce (spicy marinara) or alfredo sauce, if I'm really craving it and want to still watch my calories.

Turkey tacos. You can make the meat at any point and then just keep it in your fridge until you're ready to use it. 1 pound of 93% lean ground turkey cooked with taco seasoning and then you can make taco salad, regular tacos, burritos using low carb wraps... whatever.

Bird's Eye sells Asian seasoned brown rice and veggies that you can steam in the microwave (takes 4-5 minutes) - that goes well with some diced up chicken and a mildly spicy sauce from the "ethnic" food aisle.
  • lilacfields
    lilacfields Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi - I live in the UK and use a website daily for recipe inspiration - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/
    calorie info is provided for each recipe. Don't know if you will be able to use the link in other countries, but think you would be able to find useful websites wherever you live.
  • LiftHeavy33
    LiftHeavy33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually go with 4 large eggs for a total of 280 calories and or a can of tuna for a total of 60 cals.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Stir fries
    Omelettes
    lentil meat loaf
    Less of your favourite meal and bulk out with low calorie veg
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    3 eggs on two pieces of lightly buttered toast ~ 400 Cals.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Crispy baked tofu.

http://pin.it/9X1FcEM
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Salads!:
    -Fajita Salad
    -Ramen Salad
    -Chicken Ceaser Salad
    -Taco Salad
    -Cranberry Walnut Salad
    - Greek Salad

The possibilities are endless omg
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oatmeal:
    - 1/4 cup(serving size) of oats
    - 1/2 or whole banana
    - 1/4 or less cup of almond milk
    - Tbsp of flaxseed
    - Tbsp of cinnamon
    - Tbsp of sugar(if you want it sweeter)
    - Drizzle of salt
    - Tbsp of Peanut Butter.

Under 400 calories and quite filling :)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My lunch was huge and super easy... a Hatfield ham steak (230 calories), a bit of mustard, and a bag of frozen veggies (I picked one with corn, so it was about 160 calories for the whole bag).

400 calories, 40g of protein, huge amount of food, lol.

But what I do usually is just figure out what I want to eat and find a lower calorie recipe. 400 is typically what I have for dinner, and I can make anything from lasagna to fish'n chips to sherpherd's pie for that...