new and in need of motivation

Options
hi, I'm Jaynea and my mom sent me and invite to join this website. So I am giving it a try. I've done every type of diet you can imagine and I'm about ready to give up.
Today I started my 10 juicing detox, breakfast & lunch I will juice and dinner I will have a small meal. today is day 1. I am starving and my will power has always been soo weak. Is there any tips for keeping your mind off food when you shouldn't and to stay focused on your goals because my mind tends to wonder..

thanks
-J

Replies

• methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Wow, don't starve! I have discovered over the last three weeks that as long as I exercise regularly and keep my calorie intake up that I am losing more weight than when I starved and did juicing detoxes etc. Starving slows the metabolism and tells the body to hold on to everything because it's afraid of getting what it needs. When you exercise and eat regular healthy meals, the body realizes it is getting what it needs and begins to let go of the excess.

As for the hungry feeling. I know I get less hungry when I eat whole grains and protein. My metabolic type is geared towards lots of protein, so that's what I eat.

If you ever need a friend, someone to talk to about fitness or anything else, don't hesitate to add me as a friend and give me a holler.

Good luck!!! You can do this!
  • kpopper
    kpopper Posts: 12
    Options
    idk, just keep busy?

i usually get sucked in like crazy when im on on the internet (not healthy lol) and i dont feel like getting up and finding food

random ideas:

- play an instrument
    - play wii/videogames
    - go exercise outside/inside

do u hav tumblr? theres a lot of fitspo/thinspo blogs u can follow to keep motivated :D
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't starve!! Just stay focused on healthy foods the fill you up, but still keep you under your calorie goal. Exercise regularly and you will see results. I feel like I'm eating more now that I used to eat and I'm losing weight. I just don't eat "junk food" nymore or at least not as often. I also gave up soda. Good luck! :smile: