Does anyone else have a time of day where they struggle with snacking?

Options
I am so frustrated! I do so well at breakfast and lunch...but in between 2:30 and supper time I lose it. I snack like crazy....I don't know what to do! If anyone has any tips....I'd appreciate it!

Replies

• mahammadtouseef
    mahammadtouseef Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do suffer the same .
    Fact is we cannot avoid snack so go for the lighter/ healthier ones like sprouts, carrots or similar before the snack time.
    Hope this may help.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Usually at night but if it's shark week I snack all day :s
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not thirsty first. I drink lemon water and make sure I have enough cals for an afternoon snack which tides me over until dinner...usually a couple of rice cakes with peanut butter and a cup of tea with low fat milk (no sugar). I never seem to feel like junk food though which I am putting down to ny body receiving the nourishment that it needs which is keeping cravings at bay. Now I just look forward to a healthy meal rather than thinking about non nourishing food.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    If I open a bag of chips, it's over. I really have to be active about not eating chips. Doesn't matter what time of day it is.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I usually only struggle with snacking in the morning, noon and night.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Right after lunch if I eat something that didn't satisfy me. Like I ate a salad for lunch but now I'm dying for a burger.
  • amybluefish
    amybluefish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sucks I know. 2-5 is probably my bad times. Drink a full glass of water then if you are still hungry think of what you want. Set a timer for 5 min. eat a small portion. Set the timer again. you might regain the will power inbetween
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    if its possible, don't have bad snacks available. many times we just are bored and want to chew. we need to break that habit and replace it with something else. go make out with a co worker :) *KIDDING*. but maybe take a short walk, eat an apple, celery if you need to eat. concentrate on something else. :)

i'm quite sure i've been on no help whatsoever :) but i wish you the best!
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    At work in the late afternoon, the snack vending machine is so tempting
  • dahlia1015
    dahlia1015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Late afternoon to night time is the worst for me... especially after a long day working. :'(
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    That time between when I wake up and when I go to bed.....

Really just the last hour before I go to bed.
  • Icheatonmywife
    Icheatonmywife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have snacking issues so I make sure I eat something every 3 hours, and it varies depending on when I start to feel the urge coming on. So literaly I end up eating 6 to 8 times a day. Between meal I drink a ton of water, that keeps me feeling full between snacks.

My snacks are like mini meals, chicken, rice, veggies, and at the end of the night if I have macros to spare and use them up with icecream and milk. I always seem to have carbs left over from the day.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem but mine is with wine in the evenings. The struggle is real.
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Right before dinner (sometimes I fix this by eating my salad/vegetables before dinner instead of with dinner), and around 9 pm (I eat a bowl of dry cereal or just go to bed)!

If I feel like snacking in the afternoon I either exercise or run errands, or keep myself busy somehow, and the urge passes - it's usually just boredom!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    easy - eat more often.

I used to have that problem - the not be able to wait between lunch and dinner.

Now I eat like this:

6.30am
    10.30am
    2.30-3pm ish
    6pm

if I need to I will eat again at about 7 - 7.30pm

My hardest time is between the 2.30-3pm meal and the 6pm one. I start to get ravenous beast mode and if I try to have a smaller 6pm meal I'm still starving and will need the 7pm one.

If I eat a bigger 6pm meal then I'm fine until my uber late bedtime of 8 - 8.30 pm LOL!!!

PS - I will have a "snack" post-workout - either a protein shake or a piece of fruit or both. I work out around lunchtime.

All my other meals are not snacks - they are full plates of real food.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Usually only when I'm awake
  • pleaserose
    pleaserose Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I was told six small meals . Even then it is hard. I was told not to count regular fruits, or veggies . You can eat as many as those as you want . They are the good calories that you want . Usually when I am bored .
  • laceface1983
    laceface1983 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Midnight raids of the fridge is my worst enemy lol
  • Branwynn
    Branwynn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My mum used to keep a bowl of carrot & celery sticks in the fridge to snack on anytime, so I got used to it. I still snack if hungry, but instead of chips & pretzels, which I'd prefer... I reach for the aforementioned, yogurt, handful of grapes, few raisins/figs/dates, if I crave sweet or a couple of olives/small pickles/gherkins.

If I'm starving, 1/2C cooked oatmeal & a touch of honey. I'm a night eater, too, so crunching veggies helps me feel I'm chewing something substantial.

Hope this helps!