Hello Everyone

Options
Hi guys and gals my name is Mike. I have recently gotten serious about getting back in shape and paying attention to my diet. I am only 32 but I'm already starting to notice the consequences of a reckless diet. Not only that but I watched my father passed away at 56 due to complications from diabetes. Until the day he died he paid no attention to what he was eating. The wave I am riding was when I decided I wanted to go skydiving. I started to look through the information and found out that I am too heavy to go skydiving.

I started getting serious about a week ago. When I started I weighed 260 and have already dropped down to 248. Although have drastically reduced the amount of calories I eat, I am more interested in crafting a diet that is sustainable and healthy. I can say that the majority of that drastic weight loss was from the almost complete elimination of processed sugars. I have always been a big Coca-Cola Drinker and bread eater.

I look forward to interacting with everyone and I'm still learning the capabilities of this app. I am highly interested in recipes and I'm also willing to share some of mine. The idea that eating healthy means eating Bland is such a sad misconception. If anyone would like to add me as a friend we can go on this journey together. :)

Replies

• sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey Mike! Welcome! Former carbaholic here! Sugar+ carbs = DONUTS!! I've been On a Low Carb High Fat way of eating since Aug. 1. It works. You fuel your body with protein and GOOD fats instead of sugar and carbs. Recipes are my thing too. Add me to your friend list! Thanks!
  • jaymp90
    jaymp90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yo mikey, what's up
  • BraDolMag1
    BraDolMag1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Playing rocket League how you doing today?