Pre workout Drink causing increased aggression

Options
Avalonis
Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
So... I think my pre-workout drink is causing increased aggression. This is why I think so.

I went to the park to do my HIIT hill sprints. Walking past the tennis courts, I see an early 30s couple letting their dogs run around the court, and I watched the dogs piss on the court. I'm already irritated. Then I go and start doing hill sprints. On my second to last sprint, I get done and I am catching my breath back for a second when the couple comes past, (dogs on leash now) and they take a short break at the bench near me. The mans dog then walks up and starts sniffing all my stuff, and acting like its gonna piss on my waterbottle/sweatshirt/keys ect. The guy is just siting there WATCHING and not stopping the dog.

I looked dead in the mans face, and calmly said "If you're dog pisses on my gear, I'm going to beat his F***ing *kitten*. Then I'm going to beat YOUR *kitten* for being an inconsiderate prick and letting him." The guy got this "ooooohhh Sh**" look on his face, yanked his dogs leash, and him and his girlfriend left without saying a word.

I then decided it would be a good idea to leave... as I was pulling out of the park, the cops were pulling in.

True story. This isn't usually like me, usually I suck it up and just get inwardly irritated.

Am I an *kitten*?

P.S. NO I AM NOT ON STEROIDS!!!! Quit asking! Its a pre workout drink from BSN called N.O. Xplode

Replies

• sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    IDK ... maybe aholes are causing increased aggression.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    Does it have caffeine or caffeine like herbs in it? I find things like that make me very crabby! :blushing:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you're gaining confidence and are more comfortable asserting yourself? I mean, you know you better than we do, but if I saw that go down, I'd be FREAKING LIVID at those guys. And if I wasn't afraid of getting my *kitten* kicked, I'd make a comment too.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Does it have caffeine or caffeine like herbs in it? I find things like that make me very crabby! :blushing:

Yes it has caffeine, but I had already spent almost 2 hours working out, at the gym and at the park.

Plus, I drink caffeine all the time.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Is it possible that you're gaining confidence and are more comfortable asserting yourself? I mean, you know you better than we do, but if I saw that go down, I'd be FREAKING LIVID at those guys. And if I wasn't afraid of getting my *kitten* kicked, I'd make a comment too.

That might be it... I've noticed I'm a lot more confident lately. Like I used to be, before I got fat ;)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'm conflicted:

On the one hand, you probably could have phrased the warning better

On the other hand, you could have not given a warning at all and moved right into the *kitten*-whuping phase

Call it 50/50?
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    That would be annoying... but nothing is ever annoying enough for violence against animals :) I would stop taking the drink.

I once took a fat burner that was eventually taken off shelves because it caused "increased aggression in women"... which explained why I was so angry all the time lol.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    That would be annoying... but nothing is ever annoying enough for violence against animals :) I would stop taking the drink.

I once took a fat burner that was eventually taken off shelves because it caused "increased aggression in women"... which explained why I was so angry all the time lol.

I probably wouldn't have beaten the dogs *kitten*. The guy, on the other hand, I really wanted to.

I have a philosophy that there is almost no such thing as bad dogs. Just bad owners.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Men get PMS too - maybe you just need some chocolate and potato chips.

:laugh:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I doubt it is increasing your aggression. I would be pissed off if I saw that happening. I was in a dog park with my dog several years ago and some chick's dog pissed on me. I won't tell you what happened after that but some people are inconsiderate and have no pet manners. Just today I yelled at a lady who let her dog take a dump in my yard, in front of me, then start to walk off. I DON'T THINK SO!!!
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    N.O. supplementing can cause increased aggression in some people.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I was doing some reading on it and I wonder if it "pumps up" your mood. If you are feeling aggravated, perhaps it intensifies that feeling as well. Of course I would avhe been the same way you were with the couple and the dogs. That was just plain rude. You don't let your dog do whatever to peoples things!!!! Maybe the drink reacts intensely with your mood and the caffeine may add even more intensity.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I think knowing someone is about to let his dog pee all over my stuff is plenty of justification for a few well-chosen words. I don't think there's any need to blame the beverage!
  • hillbillygeek
    Options
    Since you're having concerns about the drink, stop using it. Try working out for two weeks without it and see what happens. Sounds like a good control environment to me at least.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Well it a pre workout meant to increase your strength and stuff, its a vaso-dilator. my friend takes that same one. I tried it once and it made me feel all wired and somewhat angry lol.

But even then I'd get mad, but not to the point of beating a dog, just the guy.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    As long as the dog was not a pit, rott, or doberman I think I would have kicked his (the owner) *kitten* too.......
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't think is the pre workout drink that causing aggression, because I would've acted the same as you, besides the french words, but for sure I would've said something to that couple and all I drink is water :-) Have a good weekend :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Am I an *kitten*?
    P.S. NO I AM NOT ON STEROIDS!!!! Quit asking! Its a pre workout drink from BSN called N.O. Xplode

I don't know anything about your pre-workout drink, however, I have ZERO tolerance for people who can't be responsible pet owners! Im sure you were very tired, after your workout, and the mere thought of that dog peeing on your stuff was enough to send you over the edge. Im not a confrontational person, but that would have made me angry. To think they even let their dog that close to your things is beyond me...I would have been apologizing if that were my dog! Watch where you run next time, they probably don't clean up after their dog either *run, run, squish, UGH!* :wink:
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    sounds like he deserved it to me.
  • ttrotter1960
    Options
    LOL . . . LOL . . . . LOL. . . . .

OMG . . . . . An *kitten*? Hell . . . .You're my freakin' hero!

LOL . . . LOL . . . LOL