Scared of my Warrior Dash tomorrow. Help:(

Options
rore1
rore1 Posts: 110 Member
I was going to only post on my wall but decided to reach out to my MFP community;) My warrior Dash is tomorrow. At first it was a bit of a joke. Now it is EXTREMELY important on so many levels I could not start to explain. So here is the prob. I am VERY VERY scared of heights!! VERY!! the ontario Dash has A LOT of heights!! and a slippery steep slope:(I am worried about the awful heat and the dark tent thingy...... I need to act like a big girl!!but I am freaking out..... So how about some of you give me hints and tips and some of you kick my immature a@# into gear?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you going tot he one at Horseshoe valley/ I was going to sign up for that and then though maybe next year lol It is just for fun so have a great time and dirty.
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash last year in Texas. It is a blast! Remember, it is really just for fun....I agree with Chantal -- have a great time and get dirty!!!

I know each Dash is a little different. I too am wary of heights, but none of the obstacles were scary in the height department. Even climbing up the slippery slope wasn't bad. I was definitely nervous going in -- but in the end it was a freakin' blast!!! And I was SO proud when I finished.

I KNOW you can do it!!!!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    YES! i'm doing the one here in St Louis later in October and i have been freaking about the heights, too! like climbing over the rope walls and stuff. eeeeep! the leaping over fire doesnt scare me, but climbing over a rope wall does. ha!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    You can do it! Just give it your best shot and be proud of yourself for even trying! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    bumping because i'm doing a similar thing in a few months, and i'm also terrified of heights!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    People are saying WD us more a fun event than a race. You can do it, don't think too hard, enjoy the wonderful journey tomorrow.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    bumping because i'm doing a similar thing in a few months, and i'm also terrified of heights!

R u afraid of height? Big guy.;)
  • rore1
    Options
    thank you:) I am scared of fire but not here ,I know it is very low. I hope more great responses come in!!! and I will read over it in morn as well:) and yes the one in horseshoe valley is the one I am doing.....my back hurts but that I will push through....Advil will be my friend:)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Check out my mfp blog, there are some tips there. And I don't recommend wearing short shorts. It's a possibility that you will scratch your knees up a little, so I recommend capris. But don't be freaked out. It's fun as hell.
  • rore1
    Options
    I was hoping you would reply;) yes I will read it AGAIN!!!!! xo