MILITARY DIET

Options
So i read you can loose up to 10 pounds in 3 days!
Wow! Could this be true? Well I had to find out for myself. So yesterday was my first day.
Breakfast
Wheat toast,1/2 grapefruit,2tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup tea/blk coffee.
Well I actually enjoyed that breakfast. ;) got my fill
Lunch
Tuna,1 slice of wheat bread, cup tea/blk coffee
I don't like tuna so I substituted chicken.
And tea.
It was pretty good. I could of had a bit more to get a complete fill but I was content.
Dinner
Chicken,1 cup of green beans, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 banana, 1 Apple
I really enjoyed the dinner. I wasn't stuffed but I felt content.
First day was pretty good.
Second day of the military diet
Breakfast
Wheat toast , 1 egg, :(
Ok this is where I start getting hungry.
It's only 9:30 and I'm thinking about food

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    The weight you will lose is mostly water weight and will return when you go back to eating normal.
    It is simply a very low calorie diet, nothing special about it.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    The weight you will lose is mostly water weight and will return when you go back to eating normal.

About sums it up...
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

that. loose weight in 10 days - pick it back up within 2 days.
    This "diet" is a non durable solution.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As you can see, it's not good. The military doesn't even have a connection to it.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    As you can see, it's not good. The military doesn't even have a connection to it.

that too - wonder where the military comes from!?

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Eating those (depressing and unappetizing, IMO) particular meals won't do anything. Eating low calories/lower sodium than usual for 3 days will often cause a drop of water weight, especially if you normally eat lots of "junk" food. It's not sustainable or a plan for real weight loss, and will come back immediately if you return to regular eating.

But for 3 days, no harm. I just think it's odd that so many people actually take it seriously.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Whoever it was that figured out they could register the domain name and capitalize on that sweet ad revenue for this diet has a lot to answer for, imo.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »

It's gone by several names. It used to be called the Cambridge diet; but a certain Cambridge Clinic told them to stop using their name.

But yeah, the domain name that Dianne refers to....pure marketing.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Rule of thumb regarding fitness/diet: If it is too good to be true, it almost definitely is

People try to sell that magic bullet - Lose huge amount of weight in 5 days, build massive muscles on this 30 day program, get that 6 pack with minimal effort.

Slow it down. Remember, the longer it takes for you to reach your goal (with a REAL sustainable plan), the more permanent those changes will be. Forget crazy starving diets (where people usually balloon back up), do something consistent day in, day out.

For losing weight, TDEE - 250 to -500 calories (-.5 to -1lbs per week = -2 to -4lbs a month = -24 to -50lbs a year).
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    abadvat wrote: »

It's gone by several names. It used to be called the Cambridge diet; but a certain Cambridge Clinic told them to stop using their name.

But yeah, the domain name that Dianne refers to....pure marketing.

It's gone by a few names, including the Facsimile diet (that's how long it's been around), Cleveland Clinic diet, AHA diet (American Heart association) to name a few. People claim these places use the diet to help patients drop weight before surgery. Several reputable clinics have posted that they are not associated with this at all and do not use it.

The names are used to give the diet legitimacy.
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Having been in the military, this is not even close to what you eat. In the field, high calorie foods are a must! Someone is a marketing guru though...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nooooo. Complete nonsense.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You can't lose 10 Lbs of fat in 3 days...it's mathematically impossible...you can lose a lot of water though.

Also, I don't have a clue as to why they call it "military diet"...I was in the military and I ate about 4,000 calories per day in the mess hall.