Exercise calories

Soziberry
Soziberry Posts: 115
edited 1:43AM in Fitness and Exercise
There are some things we do that are not listed as exercise. Rigorous housework, sex etc... How do we work them out or do we ignore the boring workouts lol

Replies

• miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    I usually ignore those workouts in hopes of a pleasant surprise nudge on the scale at the end of the week. Otherwise low-impact aerobics might be a good choice (or high-impact depending on the number of martinis).
  • You should log it if you are set to sedentary. If your set to lightly active then it's already counting those.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    I think vigorous housework is already in there.
  • Soziberry
    It was an example. You can be active but in a way you are not usually, different levels of excitement lol
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    I usually ignore those workouts in hopes of a pleasant surprise nudge on the scale at the end of the week. Otherwise low-impact aerobics might be a good choice (or high-impact depending on the number of martinis).

Exactly. This is what I do. I don't add those little workouts. Whatever little calories you did burn doing normal activities should not be seen. There isn't a real accurate way to track them and you don't want to get in the habit of thinking about eating back those extra exercise calories you couldn't accurately track, and yes at the end of the week you're usually in for a delightful surprise!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    I had been logging it...if it is outside of the hours of my workday, I put it in. I figure the system is calculating what I do at work...
    However, now that I am home for the summer, I switched my setting to sedentary, as I am apt to spend more time lounging by the pool or reading. I think that the switch to the lower activity level may give me a little kick as far as consuming slightly less.
    I also logged the exercise when I used MFP last year...anything that was outside of work hours got logged...and I dropped about 11 pounds then. I especially count the long amounts of time I am outside doing yard work, or when I am cleaning and sanitizing for an hour or more...
  • Soziberry
    I mean stuff that we don't always do. I generally mop the floor but if I wanted to get on my hands and knees to scrub the floor then it is outside the "normal" activities. I am merely curious. Ordered myself a pulse rate watch that tracks calories so I will be leaving it on and randomly checking how many cals burned
  • Soziberry
    Well I have my hrm watch and has been fun shouting 5 cals for up and down the stairs. Quite gutted now though, was clocking cals here and guessing a high impact cardio workout was around 400 cals and the hard truth I only burn 200. Glad I never ate all my extra cals, good job really. I really never thought it made a difference on size/age/fitness before. MFP you have educated me x
This discussion has been closed.