I'm new to the sight. Would love some friends!

Options
I'm 44 and have had a constant fight with my weight my whole life. Losing and gaining. I've also been living with rheumatoid arthritis for 20 years. It can make working out difficult. Now that I'm older I'm really concerned with being healthier. I'd love to have motivation and help other people with motivation.

Replies

• hopejaye75
    hopejaye75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi..welcome!
  • candice072
    candice072 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you! How do you add friends on this sight?
  • tstraus8
    tstraus8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! We're happy you're here!!
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • belligerentr
    belligerentr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm semi-new too. (Joined a long time ago but didn't keep it up)
  • hopejaye75
    hopejaye75 Posts: 51 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You can add me if you would like I am looking for support also
  • tkitt72
    tkitt72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am about to turn 44, I have also had RA for about 20 years, and have also had a constant fight with my weight going up and down all my life mostly due to my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. For a short while I became anorexic and for about18yrs was a smoker, and lost all of the weight +10lbs until I became pregnant. I didn't want my disorder to affect my child, so I forced myself to eat and told myself it was all going to him. Prednisone also made me develop Osteoporosis again, which led to multiple compressed fractures in my back. I will be getting kyphoplasty for that and am about to get joint replacement in my hands to fix my hand deformities.
  • pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear about workouts that any of you with RA are able to do. My wife suffers from it, and I want to help her out. If you'd like to add me as a friend, I'll happily accept. RA sucks. I just hope a cure can be found someday!
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp! we're all here for you for support!

feel free to add me :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    Don't worry about the exercise aspect - just concentrate on tracking your food and keeping on track calorie-wise. You can reach your goals, I promise.