30 Day Shred

Options
I managed to do the first 6 to 7 minutes of the workout then began to sweat and breathe uncontrollably -____- Now I know how truly out of shape I am. Has this happened to anyone else? And how do you overcome it? =/

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i notice im out of breath but relatively ok until the 1st set of ab work.
    where i suddenly become very sweaty and very red.
    i can power through to the end... but i really do have to POWER through.

I know she says not to take breaks..
    but thats if your just doing this workout a day.
    because i also do p90x each day i feel that i can pause it once or twice and it really not affect me that much...
    aslong as your doing another exercise other than the 30 day shred, you can pause whenever you really need to..

I know i get VERY thirsty during it.
    and definitely pause it quick to take a few sips of my drink.
  • emilyr9602
    emilyr9602 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i was the same way when i started it, and i sorta thought of myself as somewhat in shape! Just stick to it, pace yourself -- maybe don't do the jumping jacks as fast as they are, etc. -- try to push your body through the pain. Take a 5 sec. breather if you need to and get back at it. Like JM says, its only 20 minutes, so its gonna hurt & be hard but you'll definitely see results! Don't give up! You can do it!
  • Abbietara
    Abbietara Posts: 30
    Options
    keep trying, I had to take several brakes the first day and I was sore the following day. I took 2 days off then did it again. It was easier the 2nd try. I cannot do the push ups, I take a break with the jumping jacks. But I tell myself it is only 2 minutes, I stop for 3-4 seconds ( I count) then I start again. Don't give up, it will get better
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I made it 10 days the first try. My knees just hurt so bad and then had issues with asthma so had to lay off for a few days. I'm going to give it another try soon but I will have to modify through the jumping stuff so my knees don't give out again.

Keep at it, I know I'm going to try, try, again!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is how I was when I first started. Hell, I'm still like that. I know she says not to take breaks, but I have to sometimes. I take my break, 30 seconds tops, and keep on going. It's hard, but no one said losing the weight would be easy.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    the first time i tried it i actually turned it off half way through. i thought i was going to die! i shelved it for several weeks and tried again. this time i had a fan blowing on me to keep me cooler (i tend to overheat quickly). anyway, the fan did the trick! maybe it would work for you too? do what you can and pause when you need to. eventually you'll be there. never, ever give up! :-)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The first day was tough, but I got through it. And each day it got easier. When I got to level 2, my ankles started swelling. I continued. Then after day 3 of level 2, I decided to stop as it was hard to walk with the ankles. I took a couple days off 30DS, and cycled instead. The swelling went down, but not completely. I started on level 2 again, and the swelling got better and went away. Today I just finished day 1 of level 3. Just keep moving. Each day you get stronger.
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just started again tonight ( last time I made it through 2 days lol) and it kicked my *kitten*. Planning on sticking through it this time, though - I have a plateau to bust. I can't do all of the push-ups nor the jumping jacks but I do as many as I can or modify the jumping jacks ( I kick my legs instead).
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 2.. level 1.. and while i'm ok (for the most part) doing the push-ups.. it's the jumping jacks that i fear!! i have 162 lbs to lose!! i live on the second floor of an apartment!!! i am afraid of doing ANYTHING that involves jumping!!! i modify and am still completely drenched when its all over.. i feel that if i am consistantly moving during the jumping jack portion of it.. (i am doing the arms) then eventually i will incorporate the jumping part in too.. staying in motion is the most important part.. everyday try to add a little more.. good luck!! add me if u like!!
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ahh I agree with Ccmulder5... I live on the 3rd floor of an old house- being over weight I'm not only afraid of things falling off shelves and walls but I'm afraid of falling through the floor lmfao. I just of do jumps without my feet leaving the floor and move my arms. The rest... I pushed myself through. I see no other option. If I don't- I'm only hurting myself.... Or not hurting hahha. Good luck!