Does anyone else have a time of day where they struggle with snacking?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Breakfast 1/3 your calories, lunch 1/3 your calories, Dinner 1/3 your calories.

If you had been trying to bank calories for bigger dinners and nighttime alcohol consumption, it wasn't working.
    OTOH, if you had been trying to lose the last 10 lb of of the college fat with an MFP goal of losing 2 lb per week, you need to change that goal to 0.5 lb per week and eat all that it says you should.

Find what helps with satiety for you. For me it's fiber and protein.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Ya afternoons suck. I have terrible eating habits which include not rating breakfast. I drink fizzy beverages or coffee to curb my appetite At hungry times but I'm not a shining example of mfp ness
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm an afternoon AND nighttime snacker too and so I try to eat breakfast as late as I can, like around 11:30am so then I can last until about 1:30-2pm before I eat lunch. Then, I drink a cup of coffee around 4 and have something like yogurt with berries or a low fat cheese stick and grapes at 5. Dinner at 7:30 then another cup of coffee at 9 then nighttime snack (usually 100 calorie popcorn) at 10pm.

I also drink a lot of water during the day so that helps but my stomach still rumbles a lot.