How do I stick to my diet.... And get the will to keep going...... I always give up

Options
misshayes37
misshayes37 Posts: 5 Member
Any advice

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Set little attainable goals. I usually need something to work toward...right now it's looking food for a vacation

I find the small but frequent goals help...like logging everyday for a week or maybe exercising every day.
  • misshayes37
    misshayes37 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I will try to set smaller goals
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Wake up each day and remember why you're doing it. Even write some goals down so you can physically see and refer to them when you lose your way. Take one day at a time and feel good about yourself everyday that you are committed to getting healthier.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Have a plan that involves small goals that are habit based. And stop telling yourself you "always" give up. :)
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle change. Rid your home completely of all junk food.
    Create a meal plan, and plan your week accordingly. Then only buy the foods that go along with your meal plan.
    Allow yourself one cheat day a week. Don't deprive yourself or you'll never be able to stick with it.